I'll Miss You

A few months later
Ali's POV
A lot has happened in the past few months. Ash and I got back together, we told our families, I got my first USWNT cap, and I now play for the Orlando Pride, where Ashlyn and I have an apartment. I just hope Ashlyn doesn't freak out about what I'm going to tell her. I should probably just get it over with though. "Ash?" I call to my girlfriend from our bedroom. She walks into the room and sits down next to me. "Everything okay?" She asks. I nod. "Everything's fine. I just need to talk to you about something," I tell her. She just looks at me expectantly. "A little while ago, I accepted an offer. An offer to play out of the country. I think it would be really good for me to go and come back better and stronger. I'm also gonna take a break from the national team, so I can focus on that." "What team?" Ash asks, with tears in her eyes. "FFC Frankfurt." "You're leaving for Germany?" All I can do is sigh and nod. "When did you accept the offer?" She then asks me. "Right out of college. They said I couldn't turn back once I accepted it, but that was before I saw you again. I'm so sorry, Ash. I hope it doesn't change anything between us. I also have no idea how long I'll be gone for. I'm leaving tomorrow."
Ash's POV
I try to process the information Ali just told me. She accepted an offer from FFC Frankfurt. I can tell she's waiting for a negative reaction, and I can see her eyes filling with tears. I pull her into a hug and wipe her tears away. "Baby, this is a great opportunity for you. Look, I'm a little sad you're leaving, but it's gonna be okay. Not much will change. Nothing's ever gonna change how much I love you. Forever and always, baby girl." She looks at me and smiles. "You said you're leaving tomorrow. Have you packed yet?" I ask with a smirk, knowing she probably didn't pack. "Nope....." "Then what are you waiting for. Lets get you packed and ready."
The next day
The drive to the airport is long and quiet. "I wish I didn't have to leave you," Ali mumbles. "Hey, everything's gonna be fine. We're gonna talk everyday. I don't care how many years you stay in Germany for, I'm always gonna live in our apartment and wait for you to come home. I'll wait for you, no matter how long." When I finish saying all of that, we arrive at the airport. We say our final goodbyes and kisses, and I watch her walk off. Please be back soon.

Six years later
I've waited six long lonely years for Ali to come back home. I watch all of her games and she promised she would always watch mine. I'm still training with the national team and Ali's still in Frankfurt. We stopped calling each other after about a year. Ali kept promising she would come home soon, but she never came back. As I'm thinking about how much I miss her, I hear the doorbell ring. I walk over to the door and open it. It's.........................
________________________________________
Hey! Thanks for reading! Also, I'd really love to give a shoutout to mpatel2025 for always leaving super sweet comments. They always make me feel better when I'm having a rough day. Part 2 coming soon!