Chapter 5

"But seriously where did you learn how to play the bass" Tsubaki asked Ryuko. All of the brothers and Ema were sitting on the couch.

"That's a story for another day" she said simply. 

"Oh come on, if it's a secret I promise I won't tell" Tsubaki replied back.

"Someone special to me taught me, is all I'm going to say" Ryuko said back. 

"Ooh, Ryuko's got secrets" Tsubaki cooed. 

"How long have you been playing the bass Ryuko?" Masaomi asked. 

"I've been playing for most of my life" Ryuko said.

"That's true, ever since I can remember she's always had a bass" Ema said. 

"That's so cool biggest sis, do you think you could teach me how to play?" Wataru said with a hopeful look in his eyes. 

"Sure. I'll be sure to have my other basses handy" Ryuko said.

"You have more than one?" Kaname said.

"Yes. I have the white one you saw. I also have a black one and a blue one" Ryuko said. 

"Ema did mention that you are a song-writer, who have you written songs for" Azusa asked. 

"Well I've written some songs for upcoming rock bands like Venus Rain, Alpha Desire, and Total Meltdown" Ryuko said. 

"Anybody else" Azusa asked. 

"I was recently asked to write a song for Fuuto Asakura" Ryuko said, afterwards Tsubaki roared in laughter. Ryuko looked at him in confusion. 

"What's so funny, Tsubaki?" Ryuko asked. 

"Fuuto is our new brother too" Ema answered for him. 

"Seriously" asked Ryuko shocked. Ema nodded.

"Wow. I was not expecting that" Ryuko admitted. 

"So you're writing a song for our little brother, huh" asked Tsubaki. 

"Yes, I met with him yesterday to talk about it" Ryuko said. Tsubaki started laughing again. 

"I bet he has no idea" Tsubaki said between laughs. 

"Probably not, but I'm sure he'll find out eventually" Azusa said. 

"True" Ryuko said. 

"So Ryuko what made you go into being a song-writer?" Masaomi asked. 

"I've always had a penchant for music, so song writing and music engineering made sense. Truth be told I had considered becoming  music teacher for elementary school" Ryuko said with a smile. 

"An elementary school music teacher you say, why that?" Masaomi asked. 

"Well I love music, and I love children. It just went together. I believe music has a profound power to reach all kinds of people independent of what is playing or who is listening. Being a music teacher just seemed like a way to express that power, and who know perhaps that impact would inspire someone to go into the music field themselves" Ryuko said. 

"I completely agree" Masaomi smiled as he said so. 'She loves children too' he thought.

"Say Ryuko" Masaomi began. 

"Yes, Masaomi" Ryuko said. 

"Would you ever consider coming to the hospital where I work and play something for the children there?" Masaomi said, hopeful that she would say yes. 

"I would love to. I was actually meaning to ask you if you knew about any volunteer programs at your hospital. Now I guess I don't have to" Ryuko said.