Chapter 10

"Come on, Subaru. I believe in you. It's only 10 kilos for today" Zerin cheered as they did weighted squats with barbells on their shoulders.

"After this we'll take a short break then we'll go on a run if you're up for it" Zerin said. 

"Sure, sounds great. Build stamina" Subaru said. 

"You're learning" Zerin said. A few moments later they put the barbells back on the rack. 

"Now we run. Do you want to use the treadmill or run outside" Zerin asked. 

"I usually do my running outside" Subaru said. 

"Perfect. Then that's what we'll do. To be honest I was hoping you said we'd run outside" Zerin said as they left the gym. 

"Oh, yeah" Subaru said. 

"Yeah, I prefer running outside if I can. I did it all the time in Saitama, and before then when the three of us were living together before now" Zerin confessed.

"Cool" Subaru said. 

"Come on, slow poke. Let's run" Zerin said running off, Subaru following close behind. 

"Thank you for giving me a tour of the hospital during your free time" Ryuko said to Masaomi. 

"You're welcome. Since you will be volunteering here I figured you'd need to know where you'd be going" Masaomi said. 

"You make a convincing argument. Perhaps some of Ukyo is rubbing off on you" Ryuko said, giggling. 

"Perhaps" Masaomi said. 

"Speaking of which, I figured that the two of you are tasked with keeping the house alive" Ryuko began. 

"Yes, we are" Masaomi said. 

"And since the three if us are all together, and I'm the eldest I was hoping that I could be included in any sort of discussions" Ryuko explained. Masaomi stared in disbelief at her. 

"Why would you want to do that?" Masaomi asked. 

"My sisters and I will be just as much a part of the family as the rest of the brothers. Shouldn't I take responsibility as the oldest of us three? Shouldn't I make sure the house is alive too?" Ryuko reasoned. 'It's hard to disagree with her, especially when she puts it like that' Masaomi thought, as he sighed in defeat. 

"I suppose you should. Ukyo and I have meetings at the end of the month to discuss the budget. We also make sure the brothers still in school are in a good academic standing. As you may have noticed Ukyo mostly does the chores like cooking, cleaning, and laundry. I just make sure our brothers don't get hurt, follow the rules, and attend meetings when I need to" Masaomi said. 

"Alright. When is the next meeting, daddy?" Ryuko said. Masaomi gasped and a light blush dusted his cheeks at the word 'daddy'. 

"You don't have to call me that" Masaomi said briskly. 

"From what you said you're the daddy, and Ukyo is the mommy" Ryuko teased. 

"There really is no need to call us that" Masaomi said embarrassed. 

Masaomi saw one of the men talking about Ryuko in the locker room heading toward them. 'Just keep walking' he thought as he saw the other doctor approach them. 

"Dr. Asahina, hello" he said. 

"Hello to you too Dr. Okitsu" Masaomi said. 

"Hi. I don't believe we've met. I'm Dr. Ken Okitsu, a pediatric surgeon here at the hospital" Ken said, extending a hand to Ryuko.