Chapter 7

Ema was getting ready for the day when Ryuko called her. She smiled as she answered it.

"Hey, Ryuko. How are you?" Ema asked. 

"Good, you?" Ryuko said. 

"I'm good. I talked to Masaomi last night and he agreed to be my guardian" Ema said, grabbing her bag.

"That's good. I'll have to thank him whenever I get the chance. Are you excited for tomorrow?" Ryuko asked. 

"I am, it's been a while since we've all been together" Ema said. 

"It has" Ryuko said. 

"Anyway, I have to go. Career counseling is today and I need to get going" Ema said. 

"Alright, call me when you're done. I want to know how it went" Ryuko said. 

"Sure, bye" Ema said. 

"Bye" Ryuko said. 

Ema was sitting next to Yusuke in front of their homeroom teacher, Ms. Kishida. Waiting for Masaomi to show up. 'I hope nothing bad happened. It's not like Masaomi to be late' Ema thought, nervous at the thought of something happening to her brother. 

"Hello and allow me to thank you for looking after my delinquent of a brother and adorable little sister" Kaname said opening the door, wearing a black suit with a purple dress shirt, and coming inside. 'Kaname, what's he doing here? Did something happen to Masaomi?' Ema thought.  

"Whoah, what are you doing here, Kaneme?" Yusuke asked standing up from his seat.

"Masaomi got called away for a medical emergency, and I happened to be free so he asked me to fill in for him" Kaname explained. 'That makes sense. Masaomi is a pediatrician after all' Ema thought, relief washing over her. Kaname took a seat next to their teacher. 

"Wait, why are the four of us in one meeting?" Yusuke asked. 

"No need to take up more time than necessary. Isn't that right, beautiful?" Kaname said, flirting with Ms. Kishida. 

"Right..." Ms. Kishida said. Kaname took Ema's form and looked over it. 

"My, my, you put the college Suba is going to down as your top choice" Kaname said. 

"Yes, that's right" Ema said.

"Did you choose it because Subaru is there? If that's the case I'll cry" Kaname said. 

"No, it's a coincidence. Meiji is the school Ryuko and Zerin went to, I know a lot about Meiji from them" Ema said. 

"Ah, yes, I remember now. Zerin did mention that" Kaname said. He then took Yusuke's form and looked over it. 

"And Yusuke, you left your list of preferred colleges blank. You don't want to go to college?" Kaname said. Yusuke stiffened, and then looked over at Ema. 

"I... want to go there" Yusuke said softly. 

"Which one?" Kaname asked. 

"I just told you, weren't you listening?" Yusuke said getting up from his chair abruptly. 

"I'm going to the same college as her!" Yusuke announced loudly. 

"Please there is no need to yell" Ms. Kishida said. 

"Oh, right...sorry about that" Yusuke said sitting down. 

"Now then let's continue this meeting, shall we" Kaname said. 

Kaname, Yusuke, and Ema were all walking inside the house together when Ema suddenly remembered to call Ryuko.