Chapter 14

Ryuko looked over the sheets of music that her and Fuuto had written over the last couple of days. Most of the songs were out of the norm for Fuuto's usual music. 'I think he got excited over being able to actually co-write something. He did say he has almost no input with the songs written for him' she thought as she looked at the compositions for each song. She adjusted her glasses and began playing the compositions on her keyboard. 'Now let me focus on the wedding song' she thought and began playing the song she would perform at the wedding. 'I should probably have Zerin and Ema join me on this. I think it would make it special, if not more so' she thought. She ran a hand through her hair as she finished. She looked over at her calender and noticed that Ema's birthday was coming up. 'Time flies' she thought getting up. She made her way to Zerin's room and knocked. 

"Hey, sis, what can I do for you?" Zerin said. 

"I need you to distract Ema for a bit. I need to tell the brothers that her birthday is coming up" she explained. 

"Right. I know the perfect distraction" she said and closed the door, moments later she came out in full volleyball gear. 

"I'll have her serve for me" Zerin said and went off to find Ema. 'That's one way to do it' Ryuko thought. 'Now to summon the boys' she thought as she made her way to the living room. 

"Thank you all for coming on such short notice. Now you're all probably wondering why I called all of you here for an impromptu meeting. Rest assured your questions will be answered momentarily" Ryuko said. 

"Yeah, why are we here? Shouldn't we wait for your sisters to come in?" Tsubaki asked. 

"Well you see Tsubaki as you, and the rest, may or may not know Ema's birthday is October 8th" Ryuko said. As soon as those words left her lips she was bombarded with questions. 

"Settle down, settle down. I did say your questions will be answered momentarily. Ukyo what's your question?" Ryuko said. 

"Yes, are you going to have a party? I ask because we usually don't unless it's a big year" Ukyo said. " 

"I'm aware. Think about it this way this will be the first time you celebrate Ema's birthday. That sounds pretty special to me" Ryuko said. 

"You do make a excellent point" Ukyo said. 

"Tsubaki you're next" she said.

"What kind of party are we having?" he asked. 

"I suppose something simple. We usually just go out to dinner and then come back for cake. I suppose this year will have to be different" she said. 

"Maybe it doesn't have to" Masaomi interjected. Everyone looked at him in response. 

"I mean, what if we made it into a surprise. Before the three of you go to dinner none of us will be seen and when the three of you come back we surprise Ema and then we all have cake" Masaomi said. 

"That's not a bad idea. I think Ema would like it" Ryuko said. 

"Then it's settled. We surprise our little sister" Kaname said. "Alright", "Sounds good", "Okay" were all that was heard. 

"Now, then... Why don't we discuss the remainder of the plan" Ryuko said, everyone nodded. 

"So her birthday is on a Friday this year. Obviously she'll be in school, when she comes back Ema, Zerin, and I will go out to dinner and a movie. Afterwards we'll be back here for the surprise party and cake" she said. 

"I could bake the cake" Ukyo said. 

"Alright. Ema likes vanilla cake, buttercream icing, and berries. So anything with that will be good" Ryuko suggested.