12. Connections

I opened my door and there wasn't anyone. When I was about to close the door I saw something on my doorstep. It was an envelope. Before picking it up, I looked around one more time to see if I saw something suspicious. At first I didn't see anything but, when I was about to close the door I saw a car racing off. I couldn't see what the car looked like but maybe Malyn did.

Malyn's POV
Jaylen came back inside with an envelope. Just like me, she was confused as hell. The mailman doesn't come this late. And if he would, he wouldn't just leave it at the front door like that.

Jaylen showed me the envelope. There was a lipstick mark in the shape of a kiss on the envelope. Jaylen had a worried look on her face.
I tried to tell her to open it, but she already started. She took out a paper with a picture on it. Not just any picture, but a picture of Sammi and Zion. They were standing in a bathroom. Naked... I can't imagine what goes on in her head right now. She was already broken and I didn't think she could hurt anymore then before. But I guess I thought wrong.

After she showed me, she put everything down and took a seat. I could tell that she was holding in her tears. Poor girl. As I grabbed the envelope, I saw that there was something else inside. It was a letter. It didn't say much but it was better that way.

"Stay away from my fiancée. He never wanted you and he never loved you or your failure of a daughter, he just felt bad for you. If you ever come near him again I will make you regret it." I decided not to show Jaylen the letter. Cause if she saw this, she would've lost it.

Zions POV
What really happened.

I fucked up. Heavy this time. There's no way I'm gonna get out of this one. When I went to Sammi's house to end our "relationship" things took a left turn. Sammi wasn't having it. So she decided to reveal her true self. She pulled out a video of my mom. I didn't get what she was trying to do until she told me to call her.

I hesitated at first but decided to do as I was told. I called my mom while still looking at the screen. The screen showed my mom picking up the phone and talking. The video didn't have any sound but I could hear her through my phone. Moral of the story: Sammi somehow happens to have connections and people are watching my family. So if I ever fuck up... these people won't think twice to hurt my family, or even worse.

The last thing she showed me broke my heart. She also had her eyes on Jaylen and Janae... She had like 5 different camera's set up inside of Jaylens house. Targeting me? Ok. But targeting the two loves of my life? No fucking way. I got mad and started yelling at Sammi. I wanted to call Jaylen and tell her everything, but Sammi kept saying "one phone call and they'll both disappear." With a smirk on her face.

Tears started coming out of my eyes uncontrollably. I'd do everything to keep Jaylen and Janae safe.

"What do you want from me?" I asked Sammi. "You'll see." She laughed like one of those psychopaths in movies. "Just tell me what to do and let's get this over with." I answered as I rolled my eyes. She told me her whole plan and let me tell you, this girl has some serious issues. Right now I just gotta figure out how to get rid of her and fast.