1

Wake up Tyler

Wake up.

WAKE UP!

WAK-

"I didn't kill him. He died in that fire! I saw it with my own two eyes!"

"Joseph-"

"Call me Tyler, that's my name"

"Well.. Tyler.. you keep talking about a fire but he didn't die in a fire."

"I saw him fucking burn! Right in the middle of the woods!"

"How did that fire start?"

"I don't know. He just kept telling me the devil was after him.." Tyler finally looked up at the man in the suit, all he saw was evil in his eyes. He can't trust him and he won't.

The man leaned over the table "I'm trying to help you Tyler." He then went back right into his seat and tapped his fingers on the table just like Josh would do.  "But I can't help you if.. if you won't tell me the truth."

"Why does everyone think I killed him?!" Tyler snaps, banging his fist on the table with tears in his eyes. But he can't break, not in front of this man. No. "He was my best friend. I loved him so much. I would do anything for him!"

"How close were you both?"

Tyler let out a sniffle "As close as a best friend would say 'I wanna marry you someday'"

"Being gay is-"

"If you keep talking.. the only person I would've killed is you" Tyler hisses out and the man huffed "We don't have all day, Tyler"

"I didn't kill him"

6 months ago

"You.. you camp here?" Tyler spoke to josh, both walking hand in hand into the forest as Josh nodded with a small smile "Yeah! It's the best. It's so peaceful and I wanted you-"

"Why are we holding hands?" Tyler blurts out, Josh went to let go but Tyler held onto his hand and stared up at him apologetic as Josh let out a sigh of awkwardness "sorry I.. i really like.. holding your hand?.." Josh would of bit his lip but his piercing was in. Tyler just let out a chuckle "that's fine, I like holding your hand"

"Safe?" Josh asked him and Tyler nodded "Safe"

🍃🌧🍃

"Josh how on earth do you set up a tent?!" Tyler ran out of the tent they were gonna share as it was falling to the ground. Josh was on the ground and rolling with laughter "Dude! Do you need help?!"

"No shit!" Tyler laughs along, it took 2 hours to put that tent up because of their silliness but once it was done..Tyler knew it was worth it staying out here with him. He had such a pretty view of Josh, he enjoyed the company and he was safe.

None of them spoke as it got darker out, both laying inside the tent and just looking up. With all the silence, Josh was about to fall asleep.

"Is being gay a sin?" Tyler spoke to break the silence and Josh made a face as he went and held Tyler's hand and giving it a squeeze "who told you that nonsense?"

"Blurry."

"Blurry will only feed you lies. Block him out"

"You think it's easy?"

"Nothing is easy." Josh replies simply, he knew that for a fact.

"Just like this tent.." Tyler cracked a small joke, not wanting this day to end talking about Blurry. Josh let out a giggle and nodding "just like this tent" He repeats and soon both boys fell right to sleep.

🍃🌧🍃

"Please. Please!.."

"Josh.. josh wake up. It's a nightmare.." Tyler whispers, shaking him.

"Don't.. don't touch him..

"Josh! Josh! Wake up!.."

"Please I'll do anything!"

"Joshua!"

"TYL-"

He sits up as he gasps for air and let's out a cry "he's coming..! He's coming!.."

"Who?! Who josh?!"

"I..i." Josh stops himself short, already saying too much as he went and stuffed his face in Tyler's chest as he soaked the shirt in his tears. Tyler rubs his back "it was just a nightmare.." Tyler said with some uneasy in his voice.

"No Tyler I.. i fucked up.."

"Do you wanna talk about it?.."

"Can't just.. just.. can we just go back to sleep?"

Tyler stares at him with concern "are you sure?"

Josh nodded frantically "please."

Tyler didn't get any sleep that night, he laid awake in the tent as Josh went back to sleep. It wasn't even his nightmare and it was haunting him, eating him alive as Josh's words repeated in his head just like blurry's voice. He only fell asleep when his body couldn't take it anymore, he only fell asleep when he listened to Josh's heartbeat and even breaths.

"Safe." He said to himself and dozed off.