16

"Do you think she's okay?" Josh asked for the hundredth time today, Tyler sighed "it was an illusion. It must of been. He's playing tricks on you again.."

"I'm scared that it was real. I'm scared that me talking with my mother was fake. I don't know what's real or not anymore. What if you aren't real?.."

Tyler sat up from the bed, the bed they mostly been staying on. The bed that was there safe place just like each other's arms "I'm real. I'm here and real and I'm not going anywhere" Tyler spoke seriously and Josh couldn't help but smile as he threw his arms around him and held tightly "I'm gonna protect you.. I'll make sure of that. I promise you. As crazy as it sounds.. I'll even die for you. Do you know that."

Tyler couldn't even comprehend all of this, he just held him tightly "what did she say?.."

"She know your name and-"

"It was an illusion" Tyler confirms "and.. she said you were gonna burn."

"Lots of fire has been involved.. I'm scared of what's to come." Tyler said weakly as he clings to him, Josh was scared of both of their fates and he was ready for what was to come.

🍃🌧🍃

"So many hints of both of us burning.. it really fucked us up.." Tyler whispers out as he tugged at the cuff again "why do I have this on?"

"It's for my own protection" He states and Tyler smirked "I guess it's needed then."

🍃🌧🍃

"Stay safe.. call me when you can" He said to Josh, holding onto him tightly as Josh was trying to reach for the door to go to work " i'm serious, call me on every break or when you have no customers.."

"Tyler I'll be-"

"I don't know why you won't let me get a job.."

"I need you safe"

"That's selfish, I want you safe as well."

"Looks like we are both selfish.. safe?"

Tyler sighs "Safe.."

The day went by slow now that Josh wasn't there, Tyler was now curling up on the living room covering his ears to stop the screaming and laugher from inside his head. He even screamed himself to see if his voice would overpower it but no, nothing worked.

"Josh, Josh, Josh, Josh," He repeats to himself, he had no clue that he's been on the floor and saying that for 3 hours. He was shaky from the lack of food from today, it wasn't pretty when Josh came home.

🍃🌧🍃

"3 hours?" The man raises an eyebrow and Tyler scoffs "it didn't feel like 3 hours, maybe like 20 minutes but not 3 hours."

"Is time still going like this?"

"No.. but this day is going very slow."

"Yeah, I have noticed as well.."

🍃🌧🍃

"Tyler! Tyler! Tyler!.. it's okay! I'm here!.."

"No! No! Nonono..! No more burning..! Please! Please!"

"Tyler I'm right here!"

"Please! I can't ! Don't hurt him! I won't let you! No! No! Pleas-"

SMACK.

Tyler blinked out a couple of tears as his face was red once again "Tyler! Snap out of it!"

"Josh.. Josh.. you.. you were burning!.."

"I'm right here.. do I need to quit my job? Try to find something where I can work here?"

"No..no.. I..I'm holding you back with everything.. aren't i?"

"Tyler.. we been over this. Since day one.. everything has been my fault."

Tyler didn't feel like it was his fault at all.