13

"I think you should tell your brother."
Tyler blurts out, both sitting in the dining room while eating Taco Bell since both just couldn't seem to cook right now besides just making cereal, Josh didn't say anything at first as he stuffs a taco in his mouth and chews harshly out of frustration for a moment and then cleared his throat "I haven't talk to him since the day my mom passed away.. why?"

"I thought you should tell him that you saw your mother.."

"But I didn't see her, Tyler. You did. And maybe.. maybe you were just.. saying that.. to calm me down?.."

Tyler put his half eaten taco down, he stared at him and blinked "are you serious right now? I wouldn't just say that, Josh."

"I'm sorry.. yeah.. you're right.. I don't know.. I don't have a clear head right now" Josh sighed, Tyler got up and wrapped his arms around him as he gave him a kiss to the back of his neck. Josh felt himself get goosebumps and he let out a giggle when the side of his neck was kissed a bit, Tyler smirked a bit and then kissed the side of his head. "How about.. I clean this up.. you go ahead and take a bath."

Josh nodded, getting up and grabbing his trash but his hand was lightly slapped away "I said I would clean, go on.. go relax"

Josh just rolled his eyes playfully and headed upstairs.

🍃🌧🍃

He let out a relaxed sign,he could hear Tyler doing the dishes from downstairs.  He leaned back into the tub, the warm water feeling amazing on his skin and his muscles loosened, he played with the bubbles a bit, scooping some in his hand and then blowing them off as they flew right back into the tub. He then went and closed his eyes, he was safe. Safe. Safe.

"You should call your brother"

Josh was startled, going to let out a yelp but a feather like touch went over his mouth as he looked up to see his mother "don't wanna scare Tyler now..right?"

He nodded slowly, trying to control his breathing "I forgive you, Joshua. If you couldn't believe it when Tyler said it then at least believe it when I say it"

"I miss you.." He mumbled out but she chuckled "miss me? I'm right here"

"No..no.. you aren't really here." He said a bit harshly "you aren't here and it's all my fault" She shushed him, her hand going through his hair "my son.. it's okay. It was meant to happen. Call your brother..tell him how much you love him"

"He hates me" Josh states and she shook her head, scooping up some bubbles in her hand doing exactly what he did just a moment ago "he could never hate you, you're brothers"

"He misses you, mom."

She sighs "I miss him as well."

"How long have you been here?.."

"Since I died. I'm trapped here" Josh looked a bit startled "trapped?! Forever?.."

She giggles "it's fine, I love it here. It's where you grew up, it's where I brought you and your brother home. It's my safe place. I'm happy here."

"Is this how it works?.. Where you die.. you are stuck there?"

She frowns "forever and ever.."

"I love you mom.."

She kissed his forehead but he could barely feel it "i love you too."

"Hey mom?.." He looks up as his eyes got glassy "what can I do? I wanna protect Tyler. Lucifer wants him dead.."

She smiled softly at him "he won't die, he will he okay."

"Will I die?"

She looks away from him, josh bit his lip and went to speak but she soon spoke "you aren't gonna die, you're safe"

"How do I stop him?"

"You give him what he wants."

"He wants Tyler dead!"

"No, he wants pain. So.. you.. give him pain" She taps her fingernails on the sink, he sighed not understanding, how could he give the devil pain? How would that even work?

"I'm scared mom.." He spoke honestly, her fingernails still tapping so he looked up when he didn't get an answer, the noise once from her fingernails were now the sink dripping.

Tyler soon let out a breath, something he's been holding in for awhile. Josh looked over at the bathroom door "how long you were here?" He asked and Tyler soon showed himself "I was gonna bring you some towels but your mother was here so I waited and then it became eavesdropping."

Josh chuckled a bit, draining the water and soon stepped out. Tyler looked away as he handed him the towel, "you can look now" He laughed and Tyler looked to see him with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Hot." Is all Tyler said and Josh smirked, grabbing him and kissing him all over his face which sent him into a giggle fit.

🍃🌧🍃

"So you saw the mother again.?"

"Yeah.." Tyler leans back into the chair as much as he could from the cuff "I see her a lot still.. she's still in the house. She's always.. staring at me. She won't talk to me. It's like she's hinting something at me"

"Are you sure it's not your imagination?"

"I'm positive."

"So you stayed and watched the whole thing go down.."

"Yeah and now that I look back at it.. I think she was hinting that josh.. wasn't gonna live much longer"

The man frowns "you are having it so hard Tyler." He places his hand on top of Tyler's  which made his hand get smacked away.

"Don't touch me."

"You still hate me?"

"I never warmed up to you in the first place. You are driving me insane.."