15

"It burns.. it burns a lot.." Josh hisses in pain, his wrist under the cold water in the bathroom sink. Tyler rubs his back but
fear was in his eyes "is this a sign of something?.." Tyler's voice was weak, last night of what Josh said about the days coming and going was haunting him. If something was coming up..what was it?

"Do you have any idea on why it's burning?.."

"Who knows.. hey, do we have any cream in the medicine cabinet?" Josh asked and Tyler looked up and opened the little cabinet to only see it having band-Aids and shaving cream with a razor.

"Fuck.." Josh hissed out as he looked at the empty shelves, Tyler frowned but his movements were slow and shaky and his stomach was hurting for how bd his anxiety's been getting. He can't even imagine how bad Josh's anxiety must be and for the first time.. he's good at not showing it and he hasn't had panic attacks in awhile and he was proud of him.

"Tyler?"

"Huh?.." He snaps out of it and Josh gave him a look of concern "are you okay?.. You been out of it all day.."

"I'm fine." He mutters out "do you want to just put ice on it?"

"Yeah.. hopefully that helps." Josh spoke uncertainty in his voice, he knew something was up with Tyler. Maybe the whole situation was crashing down on him?..

He watched Tyler leave to go downstairs, he went to the freezer to go and get the ice for him.

'He's burning' Blurry chuckles and Tyler groans "go away, please. You been doing a good job with you not being here"

'He's burning. He's burning. He's burning'

"GO AWAY..!"

Josh flinches, backing away "I'm.. I'm.. sorry.?."

Tyler's eyes widen and he turned to him "not you.. not you.. Josh.. god.. I didn't even hear you come down."

"Are you alright..? You're shaking."

"It's just.. blurry.." He mutters "he's in my head again and just.. keeps bothering me."

Tyler then grabbed his arm and gently placed the ice onto the carved pentagon, Josh bit his lip at the sudden cold contact and soon the burning stopped and the pain was at ease.

"Tell me if he bothers you again.. "

"Alright.." He lies.

🍃🌧🍃

"I got you a court date.." The man slid him the paper about the details of the court, Tyler bit his lip and sighed "Yeah.. thanks.."

"I'm on your side, Tyler. I'll be there"

"You don't seem to be on my side." Tyler snapped once again "I don't understand you.." The man replied "your view on me is all over the place. If you truly don't trust me you could of simply said nothing to me"

"Yeah and then you would have to rough me up a bit. I know how this shit goes."

🍃🌧🍃

"My mail started to come now." Tyler broke the silence, Josh just nodded as he started to play with his own hair. Tyler took notice and then smiled "hey.. while you were working up here.. I went out quick and got you some yellow hair dye"

"And you didn't tell me sooner?" He said, acting so offended but Tyler shrugged "this morning was shit and Blurry ruined my mood but I was wondering since everything is so.. quiet.. that we go ahead and-"

"Yes!" Josh squeals and ran right to the bathroom, Tyler just grinned and followed him from behind.

🍃🌧🍃

"You know.. I hate that I lost my job and that now you're supporting me and you. I wish I thought this out more" Tyler said as he massage Josh's hair as he put the color in, he was done bleaching it.

"Oh stop.. we both have a lot to handle and I barely do my job now and I hate it. I don't think I been saving much people.. "

"Joshua.. it's never your fault if they do end up doing it. You are great at your job and I know you already been saving people a lot.." He rubbed his fingers through his hair which made Josh throw his head back a little at his good it felt.

"Mh.. you know.. I was talking to this girl..around 16.. she said she had sex and her parents found her and her parents are super religious. I dont know how I did it.. but she called and asked for me again just to say she's doing better and living with her mom's boyfriend and away from her family. She said she was saved by my words and.. and she made me feel really special"

Tyler awed, kissed his forehead "I love you, you are like doing gods work."

Josh just rolled his eyes playfully "is it ready to be washed yet?"

"Yeah.!"

🍃🌧🍃

"Josh you look like a highlighter!" He squeals, rubbing his fingers through his hair and laughing as Josh smiled so big his cheeks hurt "is that a good thing?"

"It's an amazing think, my sunflower boy." He kissed him, "safe?" Tyler asked and Josh nodded "Safe.."

🍃🌧🍃

"So that was a good day besides Blurry and the wrist thing?"

"No. No.. of course with everything going on and that we were happy that day.. he was pissed off. He just had to do something.."

"And what was that?"

🍃🌧🍃

"This is the suicide hotline, I'm josh you are speaking with. Are you in any danger?"

"Josh..?" The girl sniffles out, it was late out and Tyler was already falling asleep in the bed without him.

" Sammy?"

"Yeah.. yeah.. it's me.. I did something bad."

"What happen?"

"I'm burning..." She sobs out, her voice cracking "I'm burning josh.. and Tyler will burn as well"

"Sammy... how.. how do you know..-"

"It hurts, Josh"

"An ambulance is on the way, Sammy..! Hold on!"

"It's over.. it's all over. I'm gonna burn to death. And so will he..I'm sorry.. I'm sorry I'm so sorry!"

"Sammy!" The line went dead.

"Josh? What's going on?" Tyler asked from the top of the stairs and Josh started to sob and clutch his chest, Tyler ran down the stairs  and wrapped his arms around him "what's going on?!"

"That.. that girl I told you about?.. I think.. I think I didn't save her.." Josh sobs and then gasped for air as he reaches for his phone and called for an ambulance and soon told the address that Sammy had gave him when she called back to say that she was doing great with her life.

'Sir, we just checked that address. No one lives in that house'

Josh didn't know that she moved, Josh let out a scream of frustration to the point that Tyler was scared of going near him.

🍃🌧🍃

"That's when he quit his job?"

"Yes.." He mumbled out and then the man spoke "And Sammy never called back?"

"She never called back.." Tyler confirms "he was a mess those couple of weeks and the days just started to get faster to the point that he didn't get out of bed.. and I didn't either. The bills were piling up and we were then slowly going insane.."

"How did you fix yourself up?"

"I talked to josh.. we had a whole conversation one night.. he started to work at the super market. He wouldn't let me get a job.. he was scared of me going out there."

"Was he trapping you?"

"No. He was saving me.."