Love Triangle

AN: Here's a one-shot that I gave a little bit of a teaser for in the Homecoming Oneshot XD.  May make a second part depending on the response to this one!

Colin was hiding in the shadows of the guildhall. Recently he had noticed that both Seek and Lilly had been around him more often than usual. He didn't really mind this at first but then whenever the three of them got together in the same area, Lilly and Seek would glare at each other or, more often than not, they'd start arguing with each other. 

He didn't get why they were fighting. When he tried to ask about it, neither would respond. It was frustrating! Not to mention, whenever he asked someone else if they would ask or had any idea bout it, they'd just chuckle, pat his head, and tell him that he'd find out soon enough. 

His frustration at a high, Colin decided to just spy on the two from the shadows. Maybe that way, he could find out what was wrong.

Watching Seek approach the bar, Colin saw Lilly glare at the ice mage, who glared right back at her. Bren, who had already been sitting at the bar, rolled his eyes and asked. "Are you two still on that?"

"I'm not getting off it until he/she backs off my man!" They both huffed, glaring at each other. Huh? That was what it was all about? They liked the same person?

"Couldn't you just, I don't know, ask him who he likes more?" Bren raised an eyebrow. 

"We tried that," Lilly admitted before Seek added. "I don't think he got that we were talking about it as in like-like." 

"Well then maybe try again, Colin's not that dumb as to not get it the second time," Bren suggested and Colin froze. Wha? Huh? How?

They both liked him?

He felt a blush rising to his cheeks. In the back of his head, he could hear Zeta snickering but he ignored that as he stared at the two people he considered his best friends in confusion. 

Why would they fight over him? Why would they even like him? He wasn't safe. He couldn't control his power, he couldn't control Zeta. Why would they want to be with a walking hazard? He didn't get it! 

His breathing started to pick up with thoughts of accidentally hurting them. The shadows fell away from his body even as he collapsed to the floor with an audible thump. He didn't see Bren, Lilly, and Seek turn in his direction in surprise. He didn't see Lilly and Seek's faces drain of color at the sight of him laying there. He didn't see them run over to him. And he couldn't feel their hands as they tried to shake him out of it. 

No. 

All he saw was darkness as his eyes closed and he passed out from lack of oxygen.