The Wrong One

AN: This one shot was suggested by ShadowGamer1511

Future Jakey sighed as he sat down outside the Protectors guildhall, looking up at the stars. He missed this. Sitting outside, watching the stars, not a care in the world... his hands started clenching the grass. Even though he was changing things, for the better even, it still hurt to be back here. To see Oliver, to see Bryan.

Oh, how he had missed Bryan. Missed his smile, missed his laugh. He missed how Bryan used to hold him. He missed how Bryan would give him little tiny kisses on both his head and on his cheeks. He missed everything so badly.

He shook his head, he shouldn't be thinking about that right now. This Bryan, while being the past version of his Bryan, wasn't his Bryan. And he never would be, so he might as well stop prete-

"Jakey?" He was snapped out of his thoughts as he turned to see a certain dragon slayer looking at him curiously. "Are you crying?"

His hand reached up to touch his face and sure enough, tears were running down his face. He quickly wiped his tears away and told the dragon slayer. "Its nothing, I'm fine."

Bryan frowned before coming to sit beside him. "You don't have to lie to me, you know? I can help."

He wanted to turn away, to blink away and not have to talk to him. The younger version of the man he once loved. But as he felt the other put a hand on his shoulder, he found that he couldn't help it, he began to cry.

He heard Bryan say his name in concern before he was pulled into an embrace. His tears did not stop however, they just kept coming as the dragon slayer held him close. He really, REALLY missed this.

But...

He pushed away from Bryan, startling the dragon slayer who stared at him in confusion.

"I'm sorry, Bryan, but the Jakey you're looking for isn't me." He told him sadly, making the dragon slayer even more confused. Before Bryan could say a word though, he blinked away.

After all, he couldn't get caught up like this.

He had a mission.

A mission he would see to the end.