Okay. Let's get a little more in depth of what Sci-Fi really is.

Science Fiction. A beautiful genre. My favorite genre.

Okay so let us get into depth.

Science Fiction stories are stories with an unusual threat to man kind or something along those lines. EVEN WATTPAD HAS A DESCRIPTION OF SCIENCE FICTION.

What are Science Fiction stories? Science Fiction stories have plots that are largely possible within the story's scientifically established laws of nature. Story plots often revolve around a futuristic view of humanity, the use of a time machine or some kind of genetic mutation, extraterrestrial life forms, etc.

Te voilà. A mother fucking description of Science Fiction stories.

So for example, a story about a girl who is an amazing computer hacker IS NOT SCIENCE FICTION. Unless of course she was a computer hacker in the middle of a war hacking the enemy's computers. But that's a completely different stories.

I have most definitely mentioned this before in a previous rant.

STORIES THAT TAKE PLACE IN THE FUTURE = NOT SCIENCE FICTION.

Unless they take place in a dystopian future of sorts.

Hey you in the corner! Stop cowering from me. You know I'm right!

Yes, you are right. I will go change my story's category now.

Thank you.

And as another note.

Your story is not science fiction if it doesn't fall into what I said above! And how Wattpad describes it! PERFECTLY.

While your at it, just know that you can become more Wattpad savvy, and if not, THEN GTFO.

Edit:

I went into the Science Fiction genre and started looking at some undicovered stories... Fost off, I am really proud because Diary of a Psychopathic Girl was on the first page! So I continued to scroll on and found... One Direction fan fiction. Categorized as Science Fiction. Well, fuck.