Chap. 21

ALEXANDRITE POV
"I'm not hungry Alex," Micheal says.

"Micheal, you haven't eaten in two days and you somehow caught a high fever. You need to eat something!" I say feeling his forehead. He was literally burning up.

"Stop worrying, I'm okay. It's just a little fever and it'll go away before you know it so don't worry your pretty little head about it," he assures me.

"I have to go to work so I'm calling Xaye to stay with you," I fish my phone out my pocket.

He grabbed my wrist and said "Please don't go. Just stay with me, please. I need you here with me."

I sighed before saying "Fine, I'll stay. There goes another job. Since I'm staying you're going outside."

"I don't wanna go outside. Why do I have to?"

"Micheal, you've been inside for three days. You need some fresh air and you're coming to get some. So get your ass up and let's go!"

.....

"Look! Isn't she pretty?" I ask referring the view of the sunset.

"Yeah, she's breath-taking," he replies but staring at me.

"Micheal, I was talking about the view!" I whine.

"Yeah I know. But something more beautiful caught my eyes."

"I'm flatterred!"

We laid on the hood and he cuddled me before asking, "Can you promise me that as long as I'm alive and no matter what the situation that you'll always be by my side?"

"Why would you say such things? Are you dying or something?" I ask chuckling.

"Perhaps, you never know," he adds without making any eye contact with me. Whenever he talks like this it usually means he's unsure about something.

"Well in that case, yes, I do promise. Now would you stop speaking crazy and enjoy the moment?"

"Anything to make you happy."

......

The second sunlight kissed my face I realized my bed was vacant and started to panic.  I immediately jumped out of bed and started to look for Micheal. He couldn't move much with his sickness  especially considering his night sweats and headaches from a couple hours ago.

I entered the kitchen and see him doing the salsa to merengue music.

"Buenos días mi amor!" he says as he sways his hips all the way over to me and kissed my forehead. By the scent I could tell he was making breakfast.

"Micheal, are you okay. You shouldn't be this active," I say as I feel his forehead and neck to makesure he didn't have a fever.

"Babe, I'm fine. I just had a little fever and that's common. Go freshen up and come eat breakfast," he ordered before slapping my ass. I giggled and did as told.

I made my way back down after completing my daily routine and sat around the already set table. He stopped the music and sat next to me before holding my hand.

"I'll pray. Dear rightous and heavenly father, I humbly come to you today to thank you for this meal. I ask that as we eat this meal it will be a nourishment to our bodies and provide energy. I thank you for this beautiful woman seated next to me and I thank you for getting rid of my sickness. Bless us and this food, in Jesus name I pray, Amen."

"Hallelujah! I never knew you could pray like that," I say.

"Mi mama thought me. Even though we lived a sinful life she never once stopped praying to God. She prayed every morning and night that mi papa will safely leave the drug business but he died before he could. Anyways, let's eat! Today, we'll be eating breakfast Colombian style!"