➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2: meet the players

chapter 2 ; meet the players

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

TECHNOBLADE

"God!?" somebody in a blue and black hood yells; the most noticeable feature on their hood is the large blue ace of spades symbol printed in the centre of it. "Are you fucking serious!? No way, this has to be some sick joke! This is fucking sick!!"

"Yeah!" yells a boy wearing a black eyepatch and beige pink surgical mask in agreement, "Spades here has a fuckin' point, ay? This is all just some sick scheme into manipulating us to murder each other! We're humans, not some toys for your sick-fuckin-ass to play with!"

"I can't kill a person!! I can't even kill a fly!!"

"This is insane, this is insane, this is insane!"

"You sick fuck! How could you do this?!"

"What are you guys talking about, if you ask me that's a great deal"

"If it's to be God..."

"God dammit, I don't stand a chance!!"

Technoblade opens his mouth to yell something, when suddenly he feels his throat tighten.

"Talking time is over," God snaps his fingers, and he realises that everybody else has fallen silent, too. "Before I let you off, I think it's time we get to know each of our opponents first, don't you agree?"

He summons a giant holographic screen, showing a simulation of a boy with brown hair and ram-like horns in a business suit.
"Number 15," is written above the picture in bold letters.

Technoblade looks to his side and sees that same boy. His podium was glowing brighter than the others.

"Player Number 15", God announces, "Schlatt, or 'Jschlatt'... And Mail Man. And Big Guy. And Parkour Prince, Bladez, PvP God, Logan from Big Time Rush, Tekkit man, Gay schlatt, Pokiman, Ladder man, New Guy, Terraria man, Hot gay man, Joe for Joe Rog— Okay, who the hell has this many names?"

Schlatt opens his mouth to speak but God continues.

"Anyways, moving on. 17 years old, and works as a CEO of some sketchy aisle company. He's known to have a reputation for scamming employees with his ridiculous cryptocurrency. We all know nothing can beat Dogecoin, dumbass. Yeah, I don't know jack about businesses, but I do know yours sucks. I'd be careful of him, he's a manipulator at heart."

He can tell Jschlatt is unhappy, and so he unmutes him. He does this not because he wants to let him have his say, but because he is curious to see how he would respond.

"Okay, listen here you dirty fucking scumbag," the hot-headed man spits, "My cryptocurrency is fucking awesome, and I don't scam people!! There is an incredible difference between scamming people and selling taxed goods and services at a supplier's level of profitable price! I'm receiving tax revenue higher than total loss of surplus, not 'scamming'. It's basic economics, dumbass. Not that you'd know that, because I know more about business than you would ever know, you useless uneducated piece of shadowy-demon lying motherfucking shit! You're lucky you're an immortal God or otherwise I would have beat your fucking—"

He mutes him again.

"Jesus christ, you're annoying. I was gonna give you all a chance to say something after your introductions, but thanks to your tantrum I know I won't be making that same mistake again."

The hologram switches to another boy, also in a business suit. The 15th podium stops glowing, and instead 14 illuminates.

"Player #14 — Connor, AKA 'ConnorEatsPants'. 18 years old, and works alongside Jschlatt, as Co-Owner of their small... 'business', "Schlatt n Co". Not as cunning, sure as hell not as annoying, but nonetheless — he has the wits."