» THE ENDING «

⊱────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

15 YEARS LATER

⊱────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

The blossoming flowers and youthful trees dance in the gentle breeze of the day; the sun emitting it's blissful, warm rays of joy onto the ceremony; the skies have never looked more bluer. It truly is a special day.

Soft wind blows through his hair, as light leaves speckled in the air frolic around them.

Joko's smile doesn't cease as he gazes into the eyes of the beautiful woman he's about to marry. Amanda.

Her hands are small and soft in his, and the sparkle in her eyes glimmer more than ever before.

In the sitting crowd is everybody he's held close to these past few years of his life — including his family and friends. Those friends being the people he's shared the same experience with — the people who also partook in Mirai SMP.

In between Joko and Amanda, stands a man — the officiant, to be exact — in a suit holding a book on a lectern. A hearty grin curls along his face as he flips to a page. Holding the book open with one hand, and gesturing to Joko with his other, Schlatt announces:

"Do you, Joko, take Amanda to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

Joko smiles. "I do."

"Do you promise to love, honour, and cherish her throughout your lives?"

His eyes gloss over to Amanda's, locking in with hers. "I do."

"Do you promise to respect, comfort, and keep her, in sickness and in health?"

His sapphire eyes glisten. "I do."

"Do you promise to share your joys and sorrows, and to be faithful to to her alone?"

"I do."

"And do you promise, from this day forward, to have and to hold her til death do you part?"

He squeezes her hand, and allows his voice to soften. "I do."

And as he gazes at her, Schlatt asks Amanda the same questions, to which she also responds the same way.

Once she finishes, Joko lets go of her hand, and his fingers trail over to the small cushion with the ring, in which the ring bearer is holding. The ring bearer is just a young boy, who is Amanda's youngest cousin. As he picks up the ring with a gentle hand, he slides it onto Amanda's finger as he says, "I give you this ring as a symbol of my everlasting love for you."

The ring slides on neatly, and Schlatt closes his book to pronounce their marriage.

"It now my honour that I pronounce you, husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride!"

They kiss. Cheers and applause echoes throughout the crowd.

━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━

"What a wedding that was, huh?"

Cooper smirks, taking a sip of his drink as he leans against the porch's fence. His hair dances swiftly in the breeze of the afternoon wind.

"About time, too." Altrive sighs. "Haven't they been together for like, 10 years?"

"Yeah, talk about a slow-burn." Cooper laughs, "And isn't...— Wait... Travis... Are you crying?"