➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 40: portal jumper

NOTE: this chapter is the longest chapter I have ever written. gahh I apologise in advance for making it so long D: I really hope nonetheless you'll enjoy even if it is long. But I assure you it will be worth the read!!

[ also, for better effect, listen to the music throughout the whole time reading. :)) ]

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

PLAYER NUMBER 9 — RYAN / KRINIOS

OKAY, SUIT YOURSELF. BUT IT'S YOUR OWN RISK FROM NOW ON...
GOODLUCK, YOU MUFFINS. YOU'LL NEED IT.

He swallows anxiously as the discomforting message appears on the screen. To his horror, he's being forced into another fight. He knew this day would come eventually, but God could never prepare him for ever being ready for it. Much less had he thought he'd end up engaging in fight with an outsider.

He shuts his eyes, trying to cloud out the memories of Altrive's death. Is it going to happen again?

Will he fail at keeping Ty alive just like he did with Altrive?

Ever since he was a kid, he was always burdened to solitude — unable to defend himself from the weight of misery his parents dropped on top of him.

So how could he? How could he protect Ty? How could he protect somebody if he was never even able to protect himself?

"Ty..." Ryan starts, but is quickly cut off as Ty taps frantically at the screen.

"Wait, look!"

Ryan zips his lips as he peers over to look:

ALSO, I HAVE SOMETHING TO GIVE TY. WEAR IT.

As if the diary knew when Ryan finished reading, an object suddenly appears with a 'poof!' from nothing, falling into Ty's hand. 

"A mask?" Ty questions

Wearing a mask is probably for the best. If anything were to happen that puts Ty's identity in jeopardy, no one will be able to know who he is. It's quite smart, actually.

"It must be to hide your identity," Ryan muses. "Can you even see through that?"

Ty puts it on without hesitation, placing the mask over his face as he clips it's straps behind the back of his head. To his complete surprise, he can see perfectly through the disguise.

"Yeah, crazy enough I can!" Ty exclaims in awe. "Holy shit, I feel so cool."

He pulls out his knife from his hand-made holster he crafted at home. He may or may not have stolen that knife from the kitchen before he left to go find Ryan.