➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12: purple tie

chapter 12 ; purple tie

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

TECHNOBLADE

He wakes up to the sound of his phone buzzing. He's about to reach over and grab it when he remembers what happened last night.

Flashbacks of Travis, Cooper, and the explosion replay over and over in the back of his mind, and he shuts his eyes tightly.

Don't think about it.

He refuses to check his phone in dread of what it would say. Instead, he sits up and takes a look around him.

Apparently at some point, he must have fallen asleep in the middle of this forest. It was harder to see things in the dark, but now that it was daytime, his surroundings seem much more different than before. The trees weren't as intimidating and nerve-wracking as before, but it was rather tranquil and somehow relaxing.

His train of thoughts are interrupted as he hears some distant yelling. Quickly, he stumbles up and shoves his phone in his pocket. Luckily, he still has his backpack, though he no longer has his gun.
He makes his way over to where the noise is coming from. He wasn't close enough to make out what was being said, but he definitely knew there was more than one person.

He walks cautiously through the forest until he reaches a wide hedge of bushes. Bending down, he whacks a few out of his way and creates a small clearing through them.
Behind the bushes is the corner of the street, which belongs to what seems like a small town. Over at the other end of the road was two people arguing.

"Where is he?!" Yells one boy, holding the other by the collar. It doesn't take long for Technoblade to recognise who he is:

It's number 5. Sneeg.

"Dude I swear I don't know!"

The other boy is wearing a white collar T-Shirt, with a black jacket tied around his waist. He's wearing black dress pants and a purple tie.

"Yes you do know," Sneeg growls, "I'm not stupid. My diary told me both you and 1 were here. Are you just saying that's just a coincidence?"

"Yeah!"

"Bullcrap!"

Both you and 1? Wait, I'm 1. He's looking for me!

"I- I swear I'm not lying!" Purple tie stammers, raising both his hands, "I really have no idea who you're even talking about! So, uh, c-can you let me go now, please?"

"Let you go?" Sneeg scoffs, "What part of 'fight to the death to become God' do you not understand?"

"Uh, how about we sort something out? Yeah, let's negotiate something? We can truce! I swear on my life I won't try to kill you if you let me go! My friend and I won't—"

"Your friend scammed me into buying off an airgun in exchange for my entire backpack! I have NO money OR food!!"

Sneeg pulls out an empty airgun from his pocket and waves it threateningly in his face.

"He fucking scammed me dude! And you think I'm gonna let you get away with that for the second time?"

Something about the way Purple Tie talks reminds him of himself when he was first confronted. Scared. Frail. Like there's no way to get out of this situation.
He's been there before. It's a daunting feeling; an overwhelming sense of inferiority you'd never want to experience again.

Purple Tie's lips quiver from under Sneeg's grasp, looking at him with anguish in his eyes.

"Listen, if you let me go I promise I can give you back your bag! Schlatt's a half-wit idiot, but if I talk to him he will return it without hesitation! I swear I will—"