➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 41: HIS NAME WAS ZAK

[ play the music all the way through for better effect ]

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

PLAYER NUMBER 15 — JSCHLATT

Ty was a boy he knew back in his middle school years. He hadn't talked much about him — in fact, he hadn't been thinking of him at all recently.

It all started back at the camp they had together that night — back when Schlatt and Connor had first met Techno.

"Schlatt & Co was what brought us together! A company founded by myself, of course, and co-founded by my partner. Connor."

Connor smiled warmly at himself as he is filled with memories from his past.

"Remember that time when Ty told you that you had a dick on your back, Schlatt? And then you started going all like 'what the fuck!' ?"

They had known Ty for years. In fact, Schlatt even know him way back in his childhood years. Ty was a couple years younger than Connor and Schlatt, but that never stopped them from being known as the 'Schlatt & Co' trio back in their school days.

As a trio, they'd always been close to each other. Always.

Until Ty moved away to live out near the city, far away from Schlatt and Connor. It was since then, was the last time Schlatt had seen him.

But now he's here. Standing in front of him. And how the hell Ty managed to drag himself into this game, he has no idea.

"Ty?!" he exclaims, quickly covering his mouth as he wobbles a little. Ty's hand shakes as he holds his mask.

"What are.. What are you doing here?" he gapes.

"Well I was going to ask you the same thing!" Schlatt cries out. "You're not even part of the game! What the fuck are you doing here?! You're going to get yourself killed!!"

"I... I...!" Ty stutters out. He turns to #9, who's lying helpless on the ground behind Schlatt; plastered with gashes of blood and slashes of wounds. "You're.. Not gonna kill him, right?"

The question catches him off guard.

Well.. Of course I was. It's kind of my fucking job.

It's not like he's left with any other choices. If he leaves him alive, Techno will surely end up killing #9 sometime later anyway. Maybe even Schlatt too, while he's at it.

In fact, Techno can kill them both right here, right now. That would guarantee him a place in top 2 with Joko. Then the rest will be left up to fate.

Slowly, Schlatt turns around to look down at 9's body. But what really confuses him is how Ty managed to befriend him. Much less, get himself involved in this game. Did 9 not warn him what he's getting himself into?

"How did you two...?" Schlatt starts, but Ty finishes off his sentence.

"Meet? He crashed into my apartment with a grappling hook a few weeks ago. I helped him to the hospital and snuck him into my room to stay with me. Then we became friends."

He can't even think of any way to respond to that. What is he supposed to do?

Ty suddenly runs over to Schlatt, grabbing him by the shoulders as he suddenly exclaims. "Schlatt! Please, you can't kill him! You can't kill Ryan!"

What am I supposed to do?!

He bites his lip, looking down at the desperate face of Ty; his hazel eyes, glimmering with an anguished plea, begging for him to spare 9's life.