➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9: stick

chapter 9 ; stick

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

TECHNOBLADE 

"Ho-ly shit"

Cooper opens the back door to the stairs.
The outdoor stairs to the building were about 30 meters high from the ground below. Cooper is at the front of the pack, and he is the first to walk inside.

"What is it? What do you see?" Travis asks, trying to see from behind.

"It looks like a hospital or something" Cooper responds. Travis walks inside, followed by Techno.

Techno unknowingly breathes in the foul air, and he splutters a cough.

"It reeks of dead bodies in here" He gags.

Chills were sent up his spine, and he felt himself twitch a little. The place was eerily dark, and not to mention cold.
In front of the boys was a wide hallway with lots of metal doors, stretching out into the rest of the darkness ahead of them. The dim moonlight from outside shone through the open door, which allowed at least some light to illuminate the area— even if it was only a little.

Though, not much of the was able to be seen. Aside from the thin outlines of walls and doors, Techno couldn't see anything.

He walks forward, and he finds himself the one in front of the others. Cooper seems to be hesitating to go any further.

"This doesn't seem like a safe place..." Travis' voice is shaky, "G-Guys.. I think we should go.."

"No, this could our chance to find something useful" Cooper says firmly, trying to stay assertive. He walks forward slowly, but even Techno could feel his subtle fear.
There was something off about this place.

One by one, they steadily walk through the hall.
For some strange reason, his heartbeat remained casual.

Techno hears something squelch from under his shoe. Something.. Sticky.

"Heh?"

Cooper pulls out his phone and turns on the flashlight, which was something he really should have done earlier.

Techno feels himself choke on his own saliva.

Blood.
It was blood.

"What the fuck!?" Cooper exclaims, almost dropping the phone. 

He shines the light in a different direction, lighting up most of the hall. He finds that there was blood not only all over the floors, but the walls too. 

Travis lets out a sickening scream before throwing up beside him.

But Techno's eyes are locked onto the ground below him.
His shoes are smeared with dark, old and adhesive blood. The stench of metal and vomit fills his nostrils, and he begins to gag again. 

"There's fucking blood everywhere!!" Cooper screams, and without thinking he bolts down the hallway, "Fucking blood!! What the fuck?!"

He snaps out of it and quickly looks up, watching as Cooper is sprinting away.

"Wait!! Cooper!!" Techno yells, chasing after him. 

Cooper's loud yelling echoes along the walls, drowning out the sounds of the blood splattering against their shoes. 

He turns a corner— and then another— and at this point, he has no idea where he's running to.

"Cooper! Stop!!" Techno calls out again, heart rate increasing as his sneakers pounded heavily against the floor. His breathing is ragged, and everything around him is a blur.