➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6 : triple 5

chapter 6 ; triple 5

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

DIARY USER 13 

It's been 5 days since the first death of the game. Nobody else has died since then.

Being trained as a COP in the police force had actually helped a lot in mentally preparing himself for this game. Technically speaking, he can go out and hunt for kills right now if he wanted to. He'd be outmatched on the higher end against most of his opponents. Taking the crown would be easy.

He's been playing with lives his whole life; playing a game of life or death is something he's been trained to take on.

. . . Which is why that makes this game all the more careful to play.

So instead of getting hasty, he had decided to collect resources during those few days of cooldown. Collecting weapons, ammo, food, money, and other crucial resources essential to surviving — up until now, he is finally prepared.

He sits against a tree in a foreign park, staring idly at his phone screen, awaiting for any new messages.

There isn't

There isn't.

Bored, he presses the home button on his phone, but suddenly a new app appears on the homepage that catches his eye.

'STATS'

Huh, he ponders, I don't think that was there before.

He taps on the icon, and suddenly that STATS list God promised appears on the screen.

USER 1:

STRENGTH: 5/5
INTELLIGENCE: 3/5
TEAMWORK: 1/5

USER 6:
STRENGTH: 4/5
INTELLIGENCE: 2/5
TEAMWORK: 3/5

"5/5 strength, huh?" he says to himself, smirking. "Maybe that Techno guy's not that much of a wimp as I thought."

He scrolls down, and sees his statistics there, too.

USER 13 (YOU / JOKO):
STRENGTH: 5/5
INTELLIGENCE: 5/5
TEAMWORK: 5/5

"Check it out," the smirk on his face grows cockier by the second. "Triple 5, baby! Grindin' hours."

Those are the only stats on his screen. He assumes that the other player's stats are revealed once they either die, or kill somebody.

Just then, conveniently, his phone buzzes for the first time in 5 days.

PLAYERS NUMBER 2 & 3 ARE HIDING AT A NEARBY AND LARGE OPEN FIELD. NO SIGNS OF HOSTILITY.