➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11: don't open the door

chapter 11 ; don't open the door

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

TECHNOBLADE

The exit door to the parking lot swings open, revealing a large underground space packed with cars that look to have been there since the 80s.

Cooper runs out and stops just outside the door, with Travis and Techno right behind. 

"Like what I said on our way down," Cooper hisses to them, "Don't. Waste. A second. We're gonna get the hell out of here as fast as we fucking can, and we're going back into the forest. And we aren't going to die."

He shoots Travis a worried but stern glare, before making a run for it. Techno feels his stomach drop as he feels a wave of uneasiness — like as if he was being watched from afar. But he shakes it off, and follows Cooper's lead. 

Cooper is running surprisingly fast for somebody who had just had a panic attack 10 minutes ago from darting around a bloodied hospital for an hour. Travis on the other hand is a bit slower. Huffing and panting wildly, his face is already hot from running. 

Techno's running pace is steady as he runs through the line of parked cars. 
Don't think about anything. Just run. Just run. Just keep ru..

A foul smell fills his nostrils, causing him to stop running. What is this stench? It smells like..

Gasoline?!

His gaze averts to the concrete below him— where the smell was coming from— and he gets down onto his knees. He brushes his hand over the rough, stony floor, and notices a bit of liquid run through his fingers.

"Oh crap," He mutters hoarsely, "This can't be good."

His phone buzzes.

PLAYER NUMBER 7: TAYLOR HARRIS, AKA "HANKVENOM"
BORN ON MARCH 28TH, MAINE, U.S
30M AWAY ONTOP OF THE CEILING PIPES. HE'S WATCHING YOU CLOSELY. 
TAYLOR HAS HELPED NUMBER 8 SET  A FIRETRAP THROUGHOUT THE PARKING LOT. 
DO NOT LET COOPER OPEN THE DOOR. 
THE DOOR WILL TRIGGER THE TRAP.

Almost as if the message had somehow instantaneously stimulated his nerves, he feels his senses heighten as his heartbeat quickens. He doesn't hesitate to stagger up, and his eyes dart back and forth as he realises that he lost Cooper and Travis.
Now he's aware of two things: 

1. He is being watched

2. He needs to find Cooper

"COOPER!" He shrieks, voice cracking from whispering for so long. He suddenly remembers the message they received: 'ALWAYS STICK TOGETHER'.
He breaks off into a rapid sprint, feet darting over the pavement as he races past the rows of cars. Breath ragged, he shouts out again:
"WHERE ARE YOU?!"

Number 7, or 'Taylor', as the diary said — is probably enjoying every single second of this. He grits his teeth in frustration.

That damned nerd. 

With his other hand, he pulls out his pocketknife and clutches it tightly. 

"TECHNO!" yells a petite voice in the distance. Travis!

"TRAVIS!"  
He turns a corner and navigates toward the direction of Travis' voice.