➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 38: it's okay, coopie

[ play the music all the way through for better effect :) ]

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

NUMBER 11 — COOPER

DAYS PRIOR

"God?"

He wakes up, and finds himself in the God Encounter Hall. God's sitting on a throne, watching him with cold eyes behind his mask.

"Yo Cooper," God waves. Cooper frowns.

"What do you want?"

"I think the question is more so, what do you want?" God finger guns him, but his grin is quickly replaced by an unsure frown. "Wait, no, I mean what you want — no, I mean you want something, I don't want anything. Wait, that doesn't make sense either- what you do wh- Okay, whatever, you're confusing me. I'm confusing myself!"

He jumps up from his seat on the throne, pulling out a small letter from his pocket as he clears his throat.
"You're here because Travis wants me to send you a message from him."

Cooper feels his heart skip a beat. 

God clears his throat, holding the paper up to his face as he reads out loud, silencing Cooper:

" 'Hi Coopie. I really hope God gave you this message (which I am). I just want you to know that I have faith in you. It wasn't just a last minute choice, either. I've been planning this for a while now. When I used to be alive, I knew I was going to die. I thought if by the off-chance I ever got revival, I'd revive you. Not only because you're my friend, but because maybe you could bring together Team Make-A-Wish.
I know I'm gone, but you still have Techno. If you could just... Bring him to the end with you, maybe you'll have a chance. Stick with him, OK Coop?
I know he's not in the best state of mind but maybe you could help bring him back.
You can do this, I believe in you. —From, Trav.' "

God gives the letter to Cooper to let him read for himself — and he was right. Everything God had said was what was written on the note.
"Travis insisted on me giving it to you in the Dead Hangout."

As Cooper's eyes trail the words, he murmurs softly to himself.
"Bring back.. Team Make-A-Wish..?"

'... It's been so long since I've heard that.'

"Now that you've heard him, you're gonna hear what I have to say," God says solemnly, circling around the boy. "I know I'm meant to be unbiased, but I can't help but feel sorry for how pathetic you are. So I'm going to give you a little advice."

"And what's that?" Cooper mumbles, dropping the note.

"Schlatt can't be trusted." God remarks. "But you knew that already, didn't you? So get rid of him as soon as you can. If you want to fulfil Travis' promise, you'll have to get rid of him now. He's tried to kill Techno once before, and that bitch will do it again. He's your biggest obstacle — Not #9, not #13, not even #1. User #15 — get rid of him, and you'll be able to make Travis proud."

He thinks about this.

God's right, isn't he? Of course Schlatt can't be trusted. Getting rid of him was absolutely necessary. But now? Can't he wait a little longer?

"There's an abandoned boat near your vicinity," God continues, grinning, "I put that there on purpose in case it ever had to be used by a player. Does it work? I'll let you figure that out."