Chapter 9 | A Matter of Time (2)

The survey corps had shackled Lune and stemmed the blood from her wounds but she was still fighting like a demon.

Commander of the Scouts, Keith Shadis, had initially thought that capture would subdue the wily female. Obviously not. They had very limited intel on her, just a drawing of her face and the bare-boned details about her recruitment into the Hidden Claw.

She was wanted for murder, and would most likely be given the death sentence. However the commander had other plans- retrieve information about the Hidden Claw and further the military polices investigations, then recruit Lune into the Survey Corps.

So they had brought her to a room where Hanji Zoë, their resident titan expert, was interrogating her. So far there was nothing. Lune remained silent and refused to say a word, that is until Hanji mentioned the military police, and the white haired woman sneered.

"You want to catch the Hidden Claw? Be my guest. I'm not going to tell you anything though."

"And why is that?" Shadis hadn't expected anything different really.

"I'm more scared of them than I am of you." Coughing racked her body suddenly and red splattered in the ground in front of her. Shouts for a medic bounced off the hallways but Lune just looked after them with amusement.

"We have ways of making people talk." Lune laughed, a grating sound, as if her lungs were rusty iron cogs.

"Not in... six hours you won't." Hanji looked confused. "And it's such a shame too. I was probably the only one who would even be marginally willing to help."

This time Hanji spoke. "And what do you mean by that?" Lune just grinned a red grin. "They poisoned you didn't they? Why kill you though?"

"It's not to kill me, just to keep me. And the only antidote was destroyed when you pushed me off of the roof. You just destroyed your only source of intel."

Shadis raised his eyebrows. "So you really are the real thing." This time Lune was the one that looked confused.

"I think she is commander. She has a scar and her hair is different but there's no mistaking it."

"What do you-" Lunes' confused snarl was cut off as the captain of one of the scouts team walked in.

"You got anything out of her yet?" Levi Ackerman, always so blunt.

"Almost. She still seems reluctant to talk." Levi stood facing the commander until a shaking voice spoke.

"You, turn around." Levi frowned, confused, and turned to face Lune. All at once her face turned white as a sheet, her mouth went slack, then pure rage engulfed her. The chains, which had been loosened, clanged as Lune launched herself at Levi.

Levi himself stepped back. Shadis glanced at the man and was surprised to see the captains face had gone deathly pale, out of place from the usual cold exterior brought to him by Erwin Smith.

"YOU BASTARD! YOU TWO-FACED ASSHOLE!"

Metal groaned and stone crumbled around the anchors on the wall. Hanji shouted for backup and scouts tried to restrain the furious woman.

"You know each other?" Shadis asked the captain.

"We used to."

Lune had shortly been restrained once more and Levi taken out of the room. Once she had calmed down, another man- Erwin Smith, a squad leader-, Hanji and Shadis discussed the way forward.

They had found out that if Lune sent a letter with her falcon to the Hidden Claw, some antidote would be sent back. From that Hanji could replicate it and create enough for a permanent cure.