Chapter 19 | Cherish (3)

"Come on Thena, you're not scared are you?"

"Keep dreaming asshole."

"If we do this, we may have to face the consequences of the Commander."

"I'll be fine if it's you."

"Good, you ready for this?"

"Never been more ready Jack."

"Awesome, cause I'm gonna kick your ass."

"Not a chance titan boy."

We were both in that precarious situation that people end up in after a rather unfortunate loss that painfully ended up as a dare. And this was the mother of all dares. And of course us being us, we had made it into a competition.

Both Jack and I sucked at card games as we had found out and now we were suffering the consequences. This dare was actually the result of Fern who shocked us all with just how evil her mind could get.

Losers were given a higher ups office and we had to mess it up as thoroughly as possible without getting caught. And the worst one between the both of us would get a prize. But this was a bet I wasn't willing to win, because whilst Jack had gotten Hanji who would most likely just laugh, Fern had been particularly cruel and offered me the short stick. Of course I got Levi's office.

If Levi found out that it was me or that any of the others were involved then we'd surely be cleaning the whole compound twice over for months. Of course he couldn't make me do that now we ranked the same but the others would get dumped straight in the deep end.

But I did have a plan formulating in my mind, one that may go unnoticed by the infamous clean freak. However it would take great skill and care to pull it off, something that fortunately I had. Oh yes, maybe I could win this bet.

Jacks smirk promised a real wreck of an office, in fact it was so confident I almost doubted my own actions in Levi's room and office. Instead, I grinned back as he hooked his arm over my shoulders playfully.

"What are you so happy about dog breath?"

"Nothing, just that I have indefinitely won this time titan boy."

"Uh huh." He rolled his eyes at my confident reply. "There is no way in hell you could've matched my prowess today."

"We'll see."

We turned at the calling of both our names to see Aren, Edda and Fern approaching from behind. Not seconds later, a screech echoed round the whole third block and Jack squeezed my shoulder.

"What did I say?" I brushed his hand and snide comment off and jogged up to Hanji's office, a small smile building, followed by the others.

I had to admit, he'd done a good job. The whole place was a wreck, but cleverly so- nothing important broken, notes strewn over the place, furniture in the weirdest of places, and Hanji was at the window- "How the fuck did you get the bed out the window?" Jack just smirked at everyone's faces. I sighed, "It's gonna be tough to match up to this, but not impossible."

Edda and Aren ran to help Hanji pull up the rope the bed was attached to, but I grabbed Jacks ear and pulled him towards my masterpiece. Yeah, I was certain I could win this.

In fact as I opened the door, my certainty was growing. "There's nothing wrong here. How- Christ, you had me worried. I was doubting my skills." I still didn't falter at Jacks words but pulled him into the room.

"Well you see my young, naive friend, this room is in fact in chaos, you just don't know it." I walked firstly over to the bookshelf. "Exhibit A. Levi has the height of a hobbit and has arranged his books so that the most important ones are within his reach, yet if you look closely, many of them are now above where even I could get to."