Tanjiro|Mute|

Y/N's POV

Y/N's POV

The fateful day has arrived.

The day I finally tell him.

I waved towards Tanjiro as he smiles towards me. His smile is always as bright as the sun and I smile back.

"Hi, Y/N! How are you doing?" he asked as I smiled taking out a small little book as I wrote in it.

'Hello! I am good, how about you, Tanjiro?'

He smiles as he looks it.

"I am doing good!" he said smiling.

'Well, actually I wanted to tell you something.' I wrote.

"I am happy to listen," he said smiling.

I clenched my pen tightly in my hand as I shook while writing the words.

'I like you, Tanjiro.'  I wrote as he gasped.

"Um, Y/N... I am sorry," he said as he bowed apologetically. I could feel my heart shatter into smithereens just like that.

'Oh, it's okay!' I wrote as he looked at it.

"Well, I am really sorry!" said Tanjiro as he bowed again.

'It's fine.' 

I wrote as I kept the pen and closed the notebook before smiling and waving. He waved back and walked back into the Butterfly Estate.

I walked down the path as the tears slowly dripped out of my eyes. I was restraining myself from crying as I walked into the other side of the Butterfly Estate. I couldn't bear to see him at this moment.

I walked into the garden to see Tanjiro and Kanao laughing. I looked at them and luckily they didn't notice me so I walked back the other way around. I sighed as I entered the door as I went into my room. I plopped myself on the bed and looked at the ceiling. I turned sideways as I felt my vision become blurrier. I could feel the stream just flow out of my eyes as I stared at the blurry plain door.

Was it because I was mute?

Why does it hurt so much?

Is this normal?

I could hear the door open as I looked up to see Shinobu smiling at me. Well, she always smiles no matter how painful anything is. 

I wish I could be that strong

My heart aches, it feels like it has just been ripped apart.

"Y/N..." she said as she rushed to my side.

"I am sorry I told you to confess, I didn't think it would end up this way," she said as she sat on my bed beside me. I sat up as the stream flowed even more as she hugged me. She could understand me, even if I was mute.

Why does this always happen?

I always get rejected being friends, or even sometimes being related to someone.

I shouldn't have even bothered.

"It's okay. At least you tried, Y/N. Being rejected is normal, at least you have me and the others to support you." said Shinobu hugging me as I cried even more. 

"I believe in you," said Shinobu as she squeezed me as I cried even more. My face was blotchy and red but at least I know that no matter what, my friends will support me, no matter what happens.

Even if I am mute.

NekoNya's Message

OMG! Thank you for the 1.8K views. I am very grateful. Thank you so much. >.<