Untitled Part 27

Three Weeks Later

Oliver paced in the living room nervously. Felicity had taken Sophie to Thea's for a sleep over and they were going to be alone for the first time in three weeks. He had made them reservations for dinner and changed into one of his nicest suits. He had flowers hidden behind his back and when Felicity walked in from the elevator, she stopped as the door closed behind her.

"Oliver why are you all dressed up and what are you holding behind your back?" she asked suspiciously.

Oliver pulled the flowers from behind his back and held them out to her and Felicity laughed. Despite the fact that he was a big, strong Alpha male, Oliver could be a mush when it came to her and Sophie. Felicity took the flowers and gave him a small kiss.

"Oh they are beautiful!" she said heading toward the kitchen.

Oliver followed her and took the flowers from her. "I will put these in some water; you go change into something nice. I am taking you to dinner."

Felicity looked at him in surprise before she grinned and hurried down the hall. She stood looking in her closet trying to figure out what to wear. Oliver had bought her some clothes for her to look for a job, but they had not had a lot of opportunities to go out. She finally settled on a red sleeveless dress with a zipper in the back that went from the top of the dress all the way to the bottom of the skirt. It hugged her curves nicely and she matched it with a new pair of red shoes that she had just bought. She grinned because Oliver had not seen them yet. Brushing out her hair, she freshened up her make-up and then headed back down the hall.

Oliver heard her coming toward him and all the breath left his lungs. She looked stunning. Oliver walked over to her and stared down at her.

"You look beautiful!" he said.

"You look very handsome tonight Oliver." she said and walked over to get her purse. Oliver's knees about buckled when he saw the zipper in the back and his eyes drifted down to her shoes. Jesus!! Maybe they should just stay in tonight since they had the apartment all to themselves.

Felicity turned back to him and rolled her eyes playfully when she read his mind. "You're taking me out Queen." she said.

Oliver looked disappointed and she walked over and whispered playfully in his ear. "But you behave during dinner and you can unzip this dress when you get home."

Oliver grabbed her hand and dragged her to the elevator as she laughed.

They arrived at the restaurant and Oliver opened her door, placing his hand at her back as the valet took the car. It was a new restaurant that had just opened and Felicity knew the wait list was already a month in advance.

"How did you get us in here?" she whispered as they waited for the hostess to seat them.

"That is my secret Miss Smoak.", he said with a wink.

Oliver guided her to the back, and they were seated at a table with candlelight and fresh flowers in the center. Felicity saw the matched the ones he had given her and she looked at him in awe. He must have planned them. Oliver held her seat for her before taking a seat next to her. He ordered them some red wine and as they looked at the menu, Felicity sneaked a glance at him. She loved the way the candlelight played across his face, and she had to tear her eyes away to figure out what she was going to order. They laughed and talked about Sophia as they ate, and Felicity found her eyes watering. There had been so many nights she had lain in her cot, dreaming of a night like this, ordinary with just her and him. Oliver saw the tears in her eyes and he took her hand.

"Felicity are you ok?" he asked, his thumb gently caressing the back of her hand.

"I'm just happy. The years that Waller was holding me I would have dreams of being with you like this...it seems surreal." she said softly.