Chapter 31

[Date and time on screen: 1997.03.28 2:35 P.M.]

[Panoramic shot of the Alps]

Robin: (off camera) "We are in... Albertville... how, how do you say it in French, Andy?"

Andrea: (trying to cover camera lens with her hand) (chuckling)

Robin: (off camera) "Come on!"

Andrea: (French accent) "Albertville."

Robin: (off camera) "Alber... Alber... nah, I give up."

Johnny: (hugging Andrea from behind) "Paradise."

Robin: (off camera) "Talk us through, Andy!"

Andrea: "What do you want me to say? Um... those are the Alps, I grew up here, sort of, many people like to come here for skiing and other things and—" (shrugs) "this town hosted the Winter Olympics once."

Johnny: (frowning, surprised) "I didn't know that."

Andrea: (looking lovingly at Johnny) "Now you know, nanaz."

[Liz and Nathan appear on the shot]

Robin: (off camera) "How are you liking Albertville so far, guys?"

Liz: (smiling) "It's beautiful!"

Nathan: "I wanted to try snowboarding." (To Andrea) "Can we snowboard here?"

Andrea: "Yeah, they snowboard and ski."

Robin: (off camera) "I don't think we'll have time, Oli."

Nathan: "No, definitely not. But this is beautiful, huh? Postcard pretty." (he smiles) "We'll be back."

[More shots of the mountains]

Robin: (off camera) "I think I could live here, happily... I think... So, we're taking a small detour... we have a day off so we decided to stop here on our way back from Switzerland..."

[Camera travels from the mountains, to a garden and then a house]

Robin: (off camera) "This is Andy's family's place, this is where we'll sleep tonight!"

Johnny: "This cute little house that looks like out of a chocolate tin."

Robin: (off camera) "Exactly."

[Even more beautiful shots of the view of the mountains, snow and nature from the house]

[Cut]

***

[Date and time on screen: 1997.03.28 11:49 P.M.]

[Shot inside the house, living room, night time. Laughter, music and loud voices in the background]

Robin: (off camera) "So, Andy, what's going on here?"

Andrea: (she snorts, holding a mulled wine in her hand) "Why me? Why always me? Okay, well, back in the day..."

[Muffled voices]

River: (loudly, off camera) "I ain't seeing your ugly face first thing in the morning tomorrow! Scoot!"

Andrea: "...there's one master bedroom and one bedroom with two beds here, so back in the day when me and my cousins stayed here, the adults slept in the rooms and we brought sleeping bags and moved furniture to sleep on the living room floor, so..."