Chapter 38: Settling Into A New Place

Dedicated to @couldncareless because I like her Halloween costume idea

Chapter 38:

I hung the last piece of clothing I had into my closet. My bags that were scattered around were empty. I didn't have much.

I came back home a week ago after renting out the flat and the boys were there at Louis and Harry's. I actually felt guilty when they told me how they were worried sick that I had actually left. They didn't know, however, that I would be gone in the next three days. They were sleeping when I snuck out at four in the morning.

I left some things back at Louis and Harry's flat like some clothes and shoes. Since the flat came with furniture, I didn't need to buy or bring any with me. I brought my bed covers with me because the flat didn't come with one. I brought the laptop and some other essential needs with me...including the photographs placed on my bookshelf back at Louis and Harrys flat.

My phone started to ring so I collapsed on the bed that I had just made and looked to see who was calling.

Louis.

I pressed ignore. It was already about three in the afternoon so I decided to explore around the flat a bit more.

The living room was the same as I left it, but I had a few magazines on the coffee table to make it look more like a home. A few movies were stacked on a shelf next to the television.

The kitchen was what I needed to work on. Why? Because the refridgerator and pantry were empty and I need food. I also needed to shop for dishes and glasses, but for now I might as well go buy a bunch of paper plates and cups.

It was going to be a rocky start and I needed a job!

I knew people around Doncaster would know me because I grew up here. People would know me because I was Louis's sister and Harry's girlfriend. Maybe ex-girlfriend now.

I needed a disguise and I needed a good one.

***

I looked into the mirror and sighed. My usual bright blonde hair was now a dirty blonde that I absolutely hated. I replaced my once blue eyes with green contacts that looked like the color of a witch's green face on Halloween. I got a spray tan too. My pale skin was darker. I just wasn't me anymore and it scared me.

"Might as well get a job." I shrugged into the mirror. I could go by a different name too. A basic name. Rosie would be known everywhere. Louis and Harry would be looking for me and i wasn't planning on getting found.

"Think of names Rosie." I told myself. Yes, I was one of those people that talked to themselves. It calms me down and makes me less nervous. Call me weird, but hey! You do what you gotta do.

"Violet Baker." I said to the mirror. That was the best I could come up with. It was random and weird in a way, but it made some sense.

Violet because my name is basically a flower...Violet is a flower.

Baker because...Let's just say I'm craving some cake, but I'm too lazy and it's unecessary. Get it? Baker...

It was already late since I spent the whole day unpacking my things...most of them anyways. I went to get my hair dyed and colored contacts too.

I might as well explore the area and take a walk around the neighborhood. Since it's the end of October, the weather is chilly. I loved this kind of weather actually. Some people think I'm crazy for loving the fall and winter. Summer just seems to hot and overheated to me. I don't know how the southern people in the states survive!