Chapter 44: Then I Remember

Dedicated to @aalvarez because her comment made me smile.

Chapter 44:

The first thing I expected them to say was, "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?"

That wasn't it though. Louis was the first one to speak and this was the last thing I thought I'd hear him say at the moment. "What happened to your hair?"

I had been thinking of all sorts of things to say if they were pissed at me, but Louis's question was unexpected.

I touched my hair and twisted it around my finger. "I dyed it."

"OH MY GOD I MISSED YOU!" Niall screeched and threw his arms around me. I fell back a couple of steps, but gratefully didn't fall on my butt.

"I liked your hair better blonde." Harry whispered. His eyes were watering like he was about to burst out crying. I removed Niall from me, much to his disappointment and hugged Harry. He tensed, like he was surprised, but relaxed seconds later.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek resulting in hearing Louis start gagging. "Why'd you leave?" Liam asked. "We were worried sick. Do you know how broken these two were? I mean, we were too, but Harry and Louis were just-"

"Absolutely devestated which was why I had to give your location out. I'm sorry." Pippa said, looking at the ground.

Anger bubbled inside of me. I wanted to be pissed at Pippa, but I couldn't be angry at my best friend for doing the right thing.

I was being completely immature, but I just needed time. "It's okay." I said. "You did the right thing."

"Really?"

"Really."

"I missed you so much." Louis said and enveloped me into a bear hug.

I sighed. "I haven't had any new memories, if that's what you were thinking."

Harry's face fell. I felt so bad not remembering all our good times together. I wish I could remember.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"It's not your fault. I'm just glad you're back." Harry said. This time, he let a few more tears stream down his face. It was like I could hear his heart breaking. Mine did as well. "Harry-"

"I know it's not your fault, b-but I just can't do this." He said and turned around to walk in the other direction.

"Harry!" I protested.

Louis grabbed onto my arm. "Just let him be."

"Let go." I told him firmly.

"Lou, let her go." Zayn said.

Louis reluctantly let go before I took off after Harry. He had unfortunately already gone down the lift. I didn't even know where he was going. I pressed the button multiple times, but I knew the lift wouldn't come up any faster. I gave up and ran for the stairs. I sprinted down and fortunately didn't tumble down and fall on my face.

I made it down to the lobby where I saw a familiar figure leave the building. Almost out of breath (because I'm not that fit) I ran out of the building.

Harry had his hands in his pockets and was walking away. "Harry!" He turned around. "Harry." I jogged up to him. "I really am sorry, but just don't give up on me. I'll remember soon."

"It's been so long." He mumbled.

"I know." I stroked his cheek. He looked surprised and I was surprised at my own actions.