Chapter 43: Found

I'm just picking random fans or readers for dedications at the moment because...well I just wanna...And the picture on the side is just of my book with 231,123 reads...I just thought the number looked cool so...yeah. Yes I know I'm weird. Enjoy the chapter :)

Chapter 43:

Some people wouldn't understand why I wanted to keep away from them so much. Some might call me crazy...a lunatic...mad. But the real reason was that I was scared. I was terrified of not knowing the past few months that possessed the most important moments of my life.

I have a brother.

I have a loving boyfriend. (or so they tell me)

I forgot Aunt Beth's death.

All of these things just piled up onto me. None of them took a chance to think about how scared I was. I wasn't overwhelmed (maybe a bit) but I was frightened.

I had managed to shake off Alice for the day. She suggested we go find One Direction, but I told her I had a bad headache and went home to my flat. I had never met the hot guy next door from the time being I had lived here. Alice liked to tag along with me hoping for a chance to see that guy.

Today I met him though. Out of all days, it was today. I was trying to unlock my door with tremblings hands. All I wanted to do was get in there and hide. I wanted to hide from reality itself.

"You need some help?" A masculine voice asked. I turned around to see a gorgeous man before me. He had golden hair and the brightest blue eyes. His muscles were huge and he was tall.

Alice was right. He was a hottie. "Erm yes..." I said. "I guess today's just not my day."

"We all have those days." He replied with a shrug. He took my key from my hand and opened my door within seconds.

"Thanks. I'm R-Violet, Baker." I said. I caught myself there.

The man looked at me and squinted. "I'm Vincent Martelli."

"Nice to meet you finally. I've heard a lot about you." I smiled, thinking of all the times Alice had told me about my "hot" next door neighbor.

"Oh really?" He raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

"Do you know Alice Pearson?" I asked.

At first, he acted like he didn't know, but a sudden realization hit him. "Oh Alice! Yeah, she's not so bad herself."

If Alice knew that Vincent had said this about her, she'd freak. "Are you sure your name's Violet though..."

"Why would you be asking me about my own name?" I questioned.

"Because I swear..." He murmured.

Vincent looked familiar too. I swore I've seen his face before. I thought back to what I coud remember. "Vincent Martelli! Right, you used to have a locker next to me in school!" Oh shit. He didn't know a Violet Baker. He knew a-

"Rosie Poulston." I looked at the ground. "Why did you tell me your name was Violet Baker?"

"Because...Can we take this inside?"

Vincent nodded. He left my school a few years back but I still remembered him. He used to always open my locker because I couldn't ever get the combination right. I knew the numbers but let's just say I don't have very skilled fingers. A few years did him justice. His eyes were still the same, always the same bright blue, but he changed his nerdy looking haircut into one that looked great on him. He had accumulated muscles too. He used to be lanky and clumsy.

We were now inside my flat since the door was already open. "Haven't seen you in a while. You look good." I told him.

"Yeah, the gym was a place I should've looked into before." He shrugged. "But why Rosie? And what's with the hair. Everyone loved your blonde hair! Girls envied your hair! And I swore your eyes used to be blue... How's your Aunt Beth by the way?" Aunt Beth...

"Do you know One Direction?" I asked him. Vincent nodded. "Well, one of them is my brother."

Everything spilled from there. I guess I felt better telling this to someone I used to know before my life became crazy. Vincent listened to my long rant and didn't interrupt once. It was nice to spill everything. I trusted him too.

Finally I finished and looked at him. He just stared at me. "I'd think that you were lying, but I can't think of a better reason. I'm sorry about your aunt by the way..."

"What's done is done." I sighed. "The thing is, she was so young. I forgot how she died. This amnesia thing is killing me."

"Well I'm here for you, Kay? If there's any steam you need to let loose, I'm right next door. And if you can't open your door, I'm still right next door." He offered.

"Thanks. I really appreciate it all."

***

By the time it was nearly eight o' clock, I was alone. Vincent had gone to work. His work hours were late since he was a bartener at a nearby bar.

Instead of going out like I usually would, I decided to stay back and relax.

I put popcorn into the microwave and popped The Notebook into my DVD player. I then poured the popcorn into a large bowl that I could now have all to myself since Niall wasn't around at the moment.

If you haven't watched The Notebook yet, you have to. I can't count how many times I have been close to crying when I watch the movie. I love it so much.

After the Notebook, I put in the Titanic. Did I want to make myself cry? No. Why was I then? I had no clue, but I kept watching the Titanic. Eventually Jack died though I already knew the ending. It was still sad, but hey, what can you do.

I was about to put in The Last Song, but my phone started to vibrate.

It was just a text message, but I picked it up anyways. I was lonely at the moment. Maybe it was Alice seeing if I was alright or not.

From Pippa:

I'm sorry!

To Pippa:

For what?

From Pippa:

You'll see...

To Pippa:

WHAT?! SEE WHAT?!

From Pippa:

Me...

To Pippa:

What are you talking about?!?! Pip, youre making no sense.

To Pippa:

Pip?

To Pippa:

WHY ARENT YOU ANSWERING ME!

Just as I was about to send another text message, a knock on my door interrupted me. I groaned and got off the couch. I didn't even bother to look through the peephole. I just assumed it was either Alice, hoping I was better so she could bother One Direction, or Vincent because he just came back from work and he felt like visiting.

I opened the door and gasped.

Well I was in deep shit.

Pippa was standing before me.

That wasn't the bad part though.

The bad part was that she wasn't alone. Five familiar faces looked at me.

One Direction found me.

I know I should've uploaded yesterday, but I was extremely busy. I came home at 11 and I still needed to shower and study for a test I took today that I failed. I'm thankful that y'all are so patient. Some fans just keep whining and go "Why haven't you uploaded? Why? You haven't uploaded in forever!" So I am sorry. So so sorry.

I am going on vacation on Friday to Sunday so I will not be on then. I will not be able to write if my limits are reached but I will try to upload as soon as I can after that. Maybe y'all can get some votes and comments in before I leave so you have another upload.

70 votes

35 comments

HAPPY EARLY THANKSGIVING MY FELLOW AMERICANS!

-Naidraa