chapter five: cash confetti.

everybody knows - Sigrid.

Chapter 5.

I SAW Timothy again.

He was smiling at me again and then he was kissing me. His lips were so soft, his breath minty. Everything was just the way I remembered it.

When we pulled away, he walked to look at the ocean. The sand I stood on was deep and hot. It led to the beach. I ran towards him and wrapped my arms around him until he was gone and I was spouting water. Again.

"Ugh! Why did you pull me out?!" I yelled at the lifeguard, still coughing out little water.

"Because you could have died!"

I looked at the pool, in dire need to get back into it but I resisted the urge.

"Are trying to kill yourself?!"

Without missing a beat, I turned to look into his electric blue eyes. "Yes!"

"That's not a joke." He sat down beside me. "Dying isn't a funny thing to do."

Funny. Timothy always joked about dying.

I stood up and started to walk towards the house again when he stepped in front of me, blocking my way. I just noticed how muscular and how tanned he was. He reminded me of Tim.

Tim was always surfing or swimming or doing something water related. His abs came as easy as ever and soon enough he had the swimmer shape and all the girls that didn't notice him before started to. But he never left me.

"You can't keep doing this." His tone was filled with concern.

I scoffed, folding my arms. "And who said I couldn't?"

"Me? Your mom? The people that love you? God?"

I scoffed again then smirked. "God?"

"Yes. He made it pretty clear that we shouldn't take our own life."

"So you think I'm suicidal?" He didn't respond, I smiled. "You do think I'm suicidal."

"Well," he drawled. "Aren't you?"

I gasped and looked at him. I was loss of words. I mean, I was suicidal.

"See," he continued, his hand raking his light brown hair, that was in messy surfer waves. "Your mom pays me good money to get you out of that water. Do you want her to just be spending that extra money?"

I smiled. I didn't know why I was doing that but there was something about the way he was sort of nervous around me that made me smile.

"Is that a complain I hear?"

"No!" He put up his hand. "This is an amazing summer job. Rakes in extra cash but I don't know, aren't you tired of it?"

I nodded. I understood what I needed to do.

"See?" He pointed at me. "Even you are tired of it!"

I turned on my heel and headed to a recliner, where my bag sat. I fetched my purse and brought out a wad of dollars then turned back to Mr. Lifeguard.

"What's your name?"

"Alec."

"Alec," I echoed before I shoved the wad into his hand. "There, now you can run off and buy yourself things. That should be enough for a whole lot of problems right?"

Alec looked down at me in disbelief before he frowned then flung the dollars at me. The dollars fell on me like a confetti. I gasped then looked at him, anger in my eyes.

"Thanks but, I don't need your money." He walked around me. "I am your lifeguard and the money I earn is just fine thank you."

I turned to face him, surprised my this act.

"Now, no entering of the water. And I'll clean the pool to fetch your dollars and bring it for you, we cool?" He placed his hands on his hips then turned to look at me but he was still frowning.

I scoffed and turned on my heels to head towards the house. And then headed to the place I've visited a lot this week:

My mom's office.

_____

Whoa!

That ought to cool our girl off! She's extra, oh Lord!

Well five chapters in. Thanks for all your love.

Remember to Vote, comment and share.

Much love,

Oyin.