chapter sixteen: sea glass.

Spooky -Dusty Springfield.

Chapter 16.

I LOOKED in the mirror.

I ran my hands through the sides of my dress. It was a stripe satin ruffle maxi dress. I assessed my hair that was packed in high ponytail and the curls fell on my face and my head. It was really hard getting the result and I don’t even know why I went through all the effort.

I did poses in the mirror then tried to catch myself unawares. I tried to frown, smile and laugh just to see how I’ll look like. I never did this and just the thought of me being like a hormonal teenage girl — even though I pretty much was — made me more scared of what today held.

I heard laughter from behind me and turned around to see Maddie. Her straight black hair was packed in a usual ponytail. She was smiling at me and knowing she probably saw my show, I grinned at her.

“Look at you,” she shook her head. “Teenagers are the same. Look at how you’re glowing.”

I faked a frown. “Glowing?”

“Yes, you seem happier.”

“Yes. It’s a wonderful morning.”

She raised her eyebrow, “Or a wonderful boy.”

I couldn’t stop the smile that came to my face at the thought of Alec.

“There that smile is!” She exclaimed and I frowned slightly at her comment. “Don’t worry, I’m okay with it and he’s downstairs.”

“You should have put that first!” I quickly grabbed my purse on my dress table and hurried past Maddie. I ran down the stairs before stopping and taking a deep breath, then tried to act normal. I swung the French door open.

Alec turned to face me, noting my presence, his eyes twinkling.

But there was nothing normal about how beautiful those pair of blue eyes were this morning.

“Good morning!” I greeted, stepping in front of him.

“Morning. Someone’s happy.”

“Well, shouldn’t I be?”

“Considering the fact that I just got fired, no.”

I grinned. “That’s why I’m paying you for your services today.”

He grinned. “Pay?” I nodded. “I like.”

“Yeah, everyone does.” I was still grinning.

Stop grinning, dammit. I forced a straight face.

“Where do you want to go?”

I shrugged. “Where do you want to go?”

He gave me a once over. “This pretty?” I blushed, he continued. “Certainly not my basement.”

“So, where?”

He thought about it for a second and then smirked. “I know just the right place. But it’s gonna have to be a surprise.”

I grinned. “Okay. Let’s go then.”

“But first,” he brought out a piece of red glass that was made into a circle pendant. “This.”

I gasped. “What’s that?”

“A sea glass. I don't keep it but when I saw this I couldn't resist. The red ones are very rare but I found it yesterday.”

I nodded. “Who’s it for? Your girlfriend?”

“No,” he scratched the back of his head. “I have none but this-it’s for you.”

My breath hitched in my throat and I looked up at him. “Me?”

“Yes, you said you never lose a necklace, so….”

I chuckled. “Thanks.”

He nodded. “Turn around Mabel Carter.”

I smiled but obliged. The cold glass hit my skin and I smiled then turned around to face Alec again. His eyes was distant and held an unfamiliar emotion.

I chuckled slightly. “What? Alec? Hello!” I waved my hand in front of him before placing them on my hips.

Before I knew what was happening, his lips crashed into mine.

____

WTF! Did that just happen?

Oh, I've been waiting to write this chapter in like forever! Now they finally kissed!

Well, next chapters await. I don't want to keep you waiting. Plus, I want to have my first fully published book on Wattpad after almost three years on this site!

Remember to Vote, comment and share this story.

So much love,

Oyinkansola 💕