chapter nineteen: Make out, Take out.

Chapter 19

I RACED to the door at the sound of the doorbell.

Maddie gave me a look but I ignored her, pulling the door open. A grin came to my face as I saw Alec on the other side, a restaurant’s nylon in hand.

“Hey,” he greeted, pecking my lips before he walked into the room.

“Hey,” I said, shutting the door. “That for us?”

He turned to face me after placing down the bag and greeting Maddie, who entered the kitchen to “excuse” us.

“Mabel Ruby Carter,” he called and I gasped. “When I sent you a text and I read,” he pulled out his phone. “‘Coming over for dinner. Will order takeout from Wong’s.’ what did you think I meant?”

I nodded and smiled, walking to where he stood. “No need to bring middle names into this. I got it babe.” I tapped his chin lightly. I looked at the table. “What you got here?”

“Ramen noodles.”

I turned to face him. “Yum! Let’s dig in.”

When Maddie decided to call it a night by nine pm, it remained Alec and I.

“So, Scrabble?” I asked. Since we were through with the noodles, there was nothing keeping is busy.

Halfway through the game, I was running out of idea.

Samoa; A country in Oceania, where Dwanye Johnson (The rock), in Fast and Furious 9; Hobbs and Shaw, was from.

Clace; shipname for Jace and Clary in Shadowhunters.

But Alec finally had the last of it when I put down;

Henry Danger.

“What the fuck?!” he exclaimed and I laughed at him. “How did you even have that much letters?”

I shrugged. “Luck?”

He smirked. “The show isn't even that good. You have to be punished for cheating.”

“Whatever do you have in mind, dear sire?”

His eyes became darker as he started getting closer. Knowing what he was about to do, I didn’t resist. The hormonal and impatient teenager in me came out as I pulled on his collar, making him cover the space between us quicker.

“This is my punishment?”

He nodded. “Yeah.”

I tugged at his collar. “I like it.”

“Really?” a voice asked.

That wasn’t mine and neither was it Alec’s. Our heads both turned to face the doorway. There stood a woman, her fingers wrapped around the handle of her suitcase. Her eyes stared at us widely, eyebrows almost reaching her hairline.

I released Alec’s collar and swallowed so loud I was sure Alec heard it.

“Mom?”

____

What Mom?!

Well, that spoiled plans. I really wanted them to do something (If you know what I mean 😝)

And before you call me dirty minded, what do you think I mean?

I could have meant for them to slap each other!

Your mind needs bleach, then! Not mine. (please read in Keke Palmer's voice)

But for real, if it was you your parent(s) caught in this position what will you think will happen? Or what will you do?

And don't worry, (for the Henry Hart fans) I actually like Henry Danger.

Vote, comment and share.

THREE more chapters to go! Are you ready?!

Much love,

Oyinkansola 💕