chapter six: stuck in 'unbelievable'

Personal - HVRY

Chapter 6.

I'VE GIVEN people money before.

Just seeing the wad of cash was enough for them to kiss my feet. I never lacked anything except my mother's time while growing up. So, you must know how shocked I am right now. It was something I never experienced; rejection.

I always when it came to people, except my mom and my bestie, Sadie, always get what I wanted from people. The black card spoke for itself.

He had thrown the cash at me like he didn't care about how much was there. He rejected ten thousand dollars.

Who does that?

The thoughts that ran through my mind went by in different variations of the amount of money that could have been perfect. Maybe not ten thousand dollars.

I stared down at the patio from my room's window. He was actually cleaning the pool of the dollars. The dollars that didn't end up in the pool were gathered on one of the recliners.

He actually meant it. He wasn't taking a single dime.

Alec was going to return all the money. No cash missing.

Oh. My. God.

I felt like an idiot and most of all this was unbelievable.

Most of my friends knew how to ask me for money because I always had it. I never lacked money. I carried with me enough money and credit cards that robbery didn't seem like a big deal anymore.

They knew how to ask to get a new Christian Dior bags for their birthdays, colorful surfboards, Loubotin shoes. They knew how to get everything that I am pretty sure if it wasn't for my money we wouldn't even be friends.

But that was it! I even got friends because of money. There really was nothing I couldn't get.

I had shut people up and made them do my bidding because of this same cool dollars. Then came this person, who has possibly never seen that much money at once, determined on returning the whole lot.

I could see his biceps flex as he leaned the pool. His light brown hair was even more beautiful under the golden sun. I could suddenly imagine how his blue of his eyes must rhyme with that of the water as he thought of ways to probably make me kill myself so he didn't have to see me again.

I ducked as his gaze landed on my window. This act made my knee hit my study table.

"Shit!" I rubbed my knee.

After a while of rubbing and quiet wailing and grunting, I stood up again, looking out at the courtyard. He had finished gathering the money and was getting it all sun-dried.

Oh, I made a big mistake.

I wonder what he thought of me.

The suicidal spoilt brat? Just 'cause I was.

The 'high life' British styled American princess. I don't think he was that nice.

The Ice princess. I actually never found that offending. It's kinda bad-ass if you think of it.

The once happy teenager that changed since her boyfriend died? 'cause that was the truth but he probably didn't know that.

Slowly walking out of my room with a hurting knee, I was determined to do something I never thought I'd do.

Something unexpected.

_____

Oh, dear Mabel.

I love that spirit! I tried doing something I never did; thigh workout.

EVERYWHERE HURTS?!

(And I'm not doing an imitation of Will Byers (Stranger Things) I'm for real!)

Well, make sure you do vote, comment and share. Forget the thigh workout, love that fat! Just not too much of it. 😜

Much love,

Oyin.