chapter ten: alec knight.

shameless - Camilla Cabello.

Chapter 10.

IT SEEMED when you knew someone better, they begin to look different in your eyes.

I just couldn't forget what Sadie had said about Alec yesterday. That honestly didn't change my feelings. I got better being a friend and that was what he wanted to be.

Friends.

It was a win win situation for both of us.

"So are you going to tell me why you made the seashell into a necklace?" Alec asked me from inside the swimming pool.

We were both in it and had just being swimming around. Since I knew he was in the swimming team, I decided to test his skills. He was good.

"Well," I looked at the necklace that sat on the small table beside a recliner. "As much as it hurts my pride-"

"Oh, please-"

"-I lose things but never a necklace."

He grinned at me. "Hey, thanks for cherishing the seashell. It means a lot."

I looked at him to see if he was joking but his eyes were honest and his face was serious. He had meant it. I nodded. "You're welcome."

I looked down at the water, my jaw on the water line. When I looked back up, Alec had on a wicked grin. Before I could ask why he was grinning like that, I was blinded by a big splash of water.

"Oh. My. God!" I screamed as I wiped water off my face.

"Oh," he said, feigning an innocent look. "Did that hit you?"

I grinned and nodded.

"Sorry," he drawled. "Not sorry."

"Oh, really?" I asked and he nodded, still grinning. "Game on."

That's how the splash war started, the splashes got bigger and since Alec was taller, he had longer arms and was able to make bigger splashes. But mine were small but also very mighty. We were acting like kids.

We were both laughing at each other and there was no grudge held. After a lot of splashing, Alec got out of the water. He was dripping from head to toe but his smile was still in place.

"What?" He asked as he noticed me staring. He kept his hands on his hips and jutted a hip out like a girl and posed. "My shorts that fine?"

I rolled my eyes but couldn't stop the smile that came to my face anyways. And the laughter that came after.

After a while I swam to the deeper part of the water and dived.

I waited for a while, waiting to see Tim but I didn't see Tim.

Instead, I saw Alec Knight.

_____

Uh-oh! Trouble in paradise.

Well, I think Alec's too hot for Mabel not to see under water. I mean why only Tim, eh?

We're through with ten chapters!!! Can I hear an Amen from the church?!

This chapters, as I have mentioned will still be edited so please don't hesitate to comment the things that don't make sense and the things that do!

It'll help me improve the story and your service will forever be remembered by me!

So, go ahead!

Too much exclamation marks but I can't help it! (oops! Another one.) oh, well.

Much love,

Oyin.