chapter thirteen: alec-phobia.

sucker - Jonas Brothers.

Chapter 13.

Maybe this wasn't the way most things went but I believed if you couldn't take care of a problem, you avoid it. So that's what I did.

When Alec came in for the day and I saw him, I turned the other way.

When he was walking towards me, confused by my act, I entered the house.

So, I stayed indoors all day.

And I was glad when Sadie came by to visit but immediately I saw the blonde haired beside her, my huge grin dropped.

West Hart.

There was a way to describe her. To describe the person she truly was.

A word. Bitch.

"Mabel!" She greeted, her tone higher than normal.

Which meant she wasn't really happy to see me. I knew her fake happiness and the real one now. So, I faked to.

I grinned at her and spread my arms. "West!"

We hugged. We smiled at each other. Fake smiles. I turned to hug Sadie.

"Hey, bae." Sadie said, kissing my hair.

"Hey, what are you guys doing here?"

"Well, I told West that Alec was here but since she didn't believe me," She gave West a playful glare. "I decided to bring her here."

West was a class younger than the both of us were.

"Um," I started. "I don't think that's a good idea-"

"Alec!" West screamed, waving at someone behind me.

Oh. Shit.

Alec waked towards us, a grin in place. Before he could talk, West's arm wrapped around his. It was a desperate sight, I didn't know why seeing it affected me.

"Hey." He greeted, then grinned at Sadie then his gaze landed on me.

I averted my gaze.

"Sadie, right?" I heard him ask.

This time, thankfully, Sadie wasn't frozen. She smiled at him and introduced herself.

If you thought avoiding someone in your own house was hard, try it when your friends are hanging around him and dragging you along.

I couldn’t wait for the meeting to be over.

It was awkward for everyone. I was continously avoiding Alec and his consistent gazes. West was doing everything but letting go of Alec. Sadie was still trying to make sense of the whole Alec situation.

By the time West and Sadie left, it was only Alec and myself. The maid had gone home and my mom was on a business trip.

As Alec turned to face me, I ran up the stairs and into my room.

_____

*eyes widely opened as is her mouth* Wow! That was a whole lot of awkward in one chapter!

And yes, I'm still gonna keep on with the exclamation marks.

Remember to Vote, comment and share.

Much love,

Oyinkansola 😘