Maria?

Shadow's P.O.V.

I started walking home after walking Amy to her house. After a couple of minutes someone jumped in front of me and startled me. I jumped back. "Shadow!" a female voice said. "Who's there?" I asked dumbfounded. The yellow hedgehog came into the moon's light. Maria. "Ma-Maria?" I asked. She nodded. "But, I-I thought you died." I said confused. "I didn't. Right after you left Dr. Robotnik threw me something to drink. Before the attackers could do anything I drank it and passed out. I'd transformed and the transformation saved my life. It took me a while to get back here, but I did. I looked for you for ten years, and now, I've found you." Maria said running to me giving me a hug. She was sobbing and I was even tearing u a bit. "Shadow, I've missed you a lot. I never stopped thinking about you. I love you Shadow!" Maria exclaimed and before I could respond Maria crushed her lips against mine. I lightly pushed her off. She looked at me quizzically. "Shadow?" she asked. I sighed. "Maria, I've missed you a lot, I really have. I still love you, it's just, I've gotten a lot of time to make peace with your passing, and, I moved on." I started. Maria interrupted me and said, "But I'm here now and now we can be together again." I shook my head. "No Maria, you don't understand. I have a girlfriend now. I love her." I said. Her eyes began to water. "Bu-but you said you loved me." she said tears rolling down her cheeks. "I did Maria. I just moved on. Now the love I have for you is a sister love, nothing more. I'm sorry. If you don't have a place to stay-" I got cut off by Maria. "No. It's fine. I got a place. Well, soraynada Shadow the hedgehog." Maria said striking a cord deep in my heart. Those are the last words she said to me before I thought I lost her forever. Maria walked away. I had some tears in my eyes and walked home with me head hing low with my ears back feeling guilty like I betrayed Maria somehow.

Amy's P.O.V.

I woke up with a yawn. I got dressed for work. A white T-Shirt, blue jeans, pink socks, red nike's, white rose earrings, red heart necklace, white headband, and my watch from Ricardo. I pulled my quills into a high ponytail with a pink hair tie. I grabbed my purse and headed to work. Instead of driving to work I walked. It's a beautiful sunny morning. I unlock the shop and walk in. The 'Help Wanted' sign is still up. Soon Sally and Cream come in.

"Ready for work?" I ask. The girls nod. We get our aprons on and opened up shop. A mysterious new hedgehog came in and walked to the counter. "Hello, I'm Maria, Maria Robotnik. I was wondering if I could work here." I smiled at this new female hedgehog and gave her an application. She filled it in. I read over it and said, "You're hired. Grab an apron and start cooking in the back with Sally. She'll help you if you have any troubles." She smiled and walked to the kitchen. Next in was Shadow. I blushed.

"Hey Shadow." I said. "Hello Amy." Shadow said distracted. I looked at him worried. "What's wrong?" I asked. "You know Maria?" Shadow asked. "I've heard of her." I answered. "Well, she's back." he said worried. "I thought she was back already?" I asked remembering he ordered something from me for her. "That was just to get up the nerve to talk to you." Shadow said sheepishly. I fumed. "So, basically what you're saying is you lied to me to ask me out and make me jealous thinking you had a girlfriend?!" I asked. Shadow hung his head low. "Shadow! How could you?! I trusted you!" I exclaimed. A few tears came down his cheeks. I saw he was truly sorry and my anger quickly left. "But, I forgive you. I know you don't know anything about this girl stuff so I'll let it slide this one time. Just don't let it happen again." I warned. He looked at me and smiled. "Promise." he answered. I smiled and gave him a quick peck on the lips. I looked outside and saw Sonic staring at me motioning for me to join him. I groaned. "I'll be back soon Cream. I got to deal with a pest." I said motioning outside. She looked outside and nodded. "Okay." she answered.

"Let me cone with." Shadow said. "No, let me handle this. I got it. If I need your help I'll call. You can watch from in here, okay?" I asked. He nodded. "Okay." I walked outside.