Victory

Y/N's POV

After the intermission, everyone went back to the throne room. The King seemed much calmer than before, but it didn't take me long to figure out why. Standing directly beside him was my uncle, looking proud. My heart clenched and I took a step back. I felt hands on my arms and they pulled me towards them. 

"Don't let him get to you. I don't know what he did to you when you were with him, but please, please stay strong,"Levi whispered. I nodded and he let go of me, passing by me to go to the front of the crowd.

"Let us resume," the king spoke, "I should like to hear Miss.Y/N voice her opinion." I was shocked, however I knew it was a trick. The King was grinning menacingly, and my uncle looked like he could burst out in laughter at any given moment. I stepped forward and stood next to Levi.

"Don't be shy dear, please, tell us your feelings," the king grinned cockily. I took a single step forward, and held my hands behind my back, taking a deep breath before speaking.

"I know that the nobility of this kingdom believe that the Survey Corps are full of criminals and misfits. But have they met a single soldier? They judge us based on gossip and rumors and don't try to form their own opinions," I spoke. The nobles in the room griped at this, talking among themselves, and my uncle glared at me with pure hatred. The King silenced them and spoke again.

"Then what are they?" He asked in amusement.

I looked at my comrades and a warmth filled my heart.

"Your Majesty, the soldiers of the Survey Corps are brave and valiant men and women. They believe strongly in making this world a better place and preserving life. We simply wish to protect this kingdom and expand our borders,' I said, "And I will admit, we have our faults as a regiment; but we are unified and ready to fight for this kingdom! We will stand our ground and not let you pluck us like a weed!"

I saluted and my comrades joined me,  standing our ground just as I promised.

The King and the nobility were all rendered speechless. After composing himself, the King stood up. 

"Y/N Smith. Your words and actions have earned your regiment that you love so dearly 20 more years of service. I look forward to seeing you make the Survey Corps stronger," he said and smiled gently. 

I was shocked at this, and apparently so were the nobles. They began to shout at the King in protest. 

"SILENCE! I will not have disarray in my castle!" His voice boomed. They were instantly quiet, and he nodded in satisfaction, turning to my father. 

"I should like to see your daughter in a higher ranking position. I believe that she has earned it,"he said.

"It shall be done your Majesty," Erwin saluted.