Chapter 20

"What the fuck?" I hear someone say.

I slowly open my eyes to reveal Ethan staring down at me. I lift my head, and I realize I'm not outside. I'm in the living room on a couch. I feel something not couch-like besides me, and I realize it's Chase who is sleeping peacefully with his arms around my waist.

"Good morning, Ethan," I smile, as I casually try and wake up Chase.

"Yeah," Ethan comments as he narrows his eyes at me.

I jab my elbow into Chase's side, as he quickly jolts awake.

"Jesus Christ, what was that for?" He asks before he sees Ethan staring at us, "oh hey, man." Chase says casually.

"Did you guys seriously fuck on my couch?" Ethan growled.

"What the hell? No!" I quickly say as I jump off the couch. I feel my face heat up.

"You're in his sweatshirt. . ." Ethan says.

I blush as I look down at my body. I am indeed in Chase's sweatshirt. So that must've been what he put over me last night.

Ethan just raises his eyebrows at Chase who replies, "nah man. She is still innocent."

Ethan's eyebrows raise even further as he looks at me. "You're a virgin?"

"Chase!" I scold him, I feel my face turn a brighter shade of red in embarrassment.

"Wow," Ethan gasps, turning back to Chase, "And how do you know this stuff?"

"You learn a lot in tutoring sessions."

"I never told you I was a virgin," I say to Chase.

"Yes, but it's hard to not be a virgin and never kiss anyone."

"Okay, but what if I was assaulted?" I say.

"Wait, were you actually?" Chase asked as concern and anger laced his eyes.

"Thankfully no, but you shouldn't keep a closed mind, you know."

"Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry, gumdrop."

"It's fine."

"What the fuck?" I hear Ethan say again, looking between us in shock.

"What?" I say.

"You guys are acting like," Ethan starts but changes topics, "nevermind. You've never had a first kiss?"

"So that's what you took out of this conversation?" I ask as he stares at me in disbelief, "yes. I'm 17 and I have never kissed anyone."

"Okay, well anyway, why the hell were you two sleeping on the couch together?" Ethan asked sternly.

"Why do you care?" I reply quickly.

"I don't know," Ethan mumbled.

"She was looking at the snow last night, and she fell asleep on the bench next to me, I just decided to stay down here on the couch to avoid any sleeping bodies in her room," Chase said nonchalantly.

"And you stayed with her because. . ." Ethan drifted off wanting Chase to finish his sentence.

"Because I didn't want her to be freaked out when she was alone here."

"What, so you two are friends now?" Ethan asked.

"I guess, yeah," I shrugged, as Chase stayed silent.

"Okay then. Chase, help me get breakfast for everyone," Ethan said as he stalked off to the kitchen.

Chase nodded to me before following Ethan.

I quickly scurry back to my room, and open the door revealing all my friends awake.

"Oh hey, guys." I greet casually as the all glare at me.

"You've got some explaining to do," Chloe says.

"Yeah. . ." I trail off.

"I saw you guys on the couch downstairs." Grace said.

"Yeah. . ."

"So, are you and Chase a thing?" Liam asked.

"Uh, no, just friends, I think," I mumble.

"So what happened? Why were you guys together, on the couch?" Chloe asks, wanting all the tea.

"Well I couldn't sleep, so I went downstairs for some tea, I ran into Chase, and then it was snowing, it was so pretty, but then I was cold, so I sat on the bench, and fell asleep on Chase. He apparently brought me in the living room and fell asleep on the couch," I said in all one breath.

"Cute!" Grace exclaims clasping her hands together.

"That's right! It doesn't snow where you lived," Noah shouts, sounding like he just finished a puzzle.

"Correct, it was such an amazing sight," I sigh thinking about it.

"Well, don't worry, you'll see much more of it as long as you're here." Liam laughed.

"Wait, does it always snow it October?" I ask in shock.

"No, it's unusual but not rare I guess," Grace says as her stomach rumbles. "Oh that's awkward, but I'm hungry." Grace said as we all laughed.

"No worries, Ethan and Chase are being nice for once and making food," I say before adding, "for us too."

"I'm impressed," Noah commented.

"They must feel bad for stealing our pizza," Chloe said.

Now that I think about it, I entirely agree with Chloe.