Chapter 37

"Here it is," I say as I stand in front of my house. It has a for sale sign in the front yard which kind of hurts my heart.

"It's so cute," Chase smiles at my house.

"Yeah," I sigh, as I remember all the memories.

"Hey, kiddos!" I hear Mrs. Winters call from across the street. A smile instantly fills my face as I turn around.

"Hi, Mrs. Winters!" I run towards her and give her a big hug.

"And who's this?" She asks looking at Chase, who caught up with me.

"This is Chase," I smile at him, as he returns the smile, before looking back to Mrs. Winters.

"Hi, Mrs. Winters," Chase says as he holds out his hand.

"Oh, none of that," Mrs. Winters chuckles as she pulls him in for a hug.

Chase returns to my side and wraps an arm around my waist.

I lean into his side subconsciously as I see a sparkle in Mrs. Winters' eyes. "So, why don't you two come on in! I have cookies and tea!"

"Ooh!" I squeal in excitement as I hear Chase chuckle beside me.

"Actually, I figured I could do some of the gardening for you," Chase suggested as I felt warm inside. He's doing it in place of my dad because I told him yesterday. I felt my eyes get watery as I gave him a huge smile. It really means a lot.

"That would be wonderful!" Mrs. Winters exclaimed as her eyes grew watery as well, "the garden isn't looking to well, Charlie used to come every week." She said as a sad smile made its way to my face.

"I got you covered, no worries," Chase smiled. Wait, has he ever gardened? He comes from a rich family, I feel like they would hire a gardener.

"Okay, well if you could mow the lawn and weed and trim the flowerbeds, that would be great," Mrs. Winters smiled, as Chase nodded. She hobbled over to her garage and opened the side door. "All the stuff is in here, for you."

"Sounds good. I'll meet you guys inside when I'm all done," Chase said as he entered the garage. We said our goodbyes, then I followed Mrs. Winters into her kitchen.

"I missed this," I frown as I sat at the kitchen table. She came over with the cookies and tea, and sat across from me.

"Me too," she sighed as we poured our tea.

After a minute of silence, I decide to break it. "So, Chase apparently doesn't like tea. I'm trying so hard to make him into a tea addict though," I laugh.

"Ah yes, I hope he likes this," Mrs. Winters smiles.

I smile in return, "I told him I'm going to make mom's Christmas tea for him and see if he changes his mind."

"Oh, that tea is so good. He'll love it."

"Right?"

Mrs. Winters smiles before setting down her cup, "so, what're you two?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, setting down my cup as well.

"Chase and you. Are you guys dating?"

"Mrs. Winters!" I turn red, before answering the question, "Uh, no, I don't think so."

"Do you want to date him?" Mrs. Winters asks.

"I guess so," I say. I haven't really given much thought about it. Like, I have a lot of feelings for him and stuff, I've just been so caught up in everything else.

"Well, let me tell you this. I've been on this planet for 84 years, and I've picked up on a few things. And let me tell you this, you're gonna marry that boy," Mrs. Winters says, taking a sip of her tea.