Chapter 36

"I'm sorry, Jayden," Beth says as she frantically stuffs her things into her suitcase.

"What?" I ask, groggily waking up.

"Ethan, John, and I have to get back to Berry Falls as soon as possible. Work has an emergency, and our sitter bailed. Our flight leaves in 2 hours," She says as she rushes into the bathroom. She comes out with all her hair and makeup stuff. She throws them in her suitcase, before grabbing two tickets. "These are for you and Chase. Your flight leaves at 8 tonight," Beth says handing us our tickets.

"Oh, okay," I say as I stretch, sitting up.

"Chase, don't forget to check out of the hotel before 11," John says as he zips the suitcases.

"Got it," Chase says from beside me.

"Awesome, I'm so sorry about this Jayden," Beth says giving me a hug.

"It's no big deal," I smile.

"I'll see you when you get back. We'll pick you up at the airport," John says as they all hurry out the door.

Ethan was about to leave before he turned around. He dug in a suitcase pouch for a second, before throwing something at Chase. "Stay safe," Ethan grinned before running out the door.

"Oh my god," Chase laughed, throwing the thing on the bed.

I looked to see what it was. My face turned red, it was a condom. I let out a weird squeak.

"Don't worry, gumdrop," Chase chuckled at my reaction.

"Go get ready while I order breakfast," Chase said as he walked over to the desk.

"Don't they have breakfast here?" I furrow my brows in confusion. My parents and I would always just go down to eat breakfast in the lobby. My favorite was always making your own waffle.

"Yeah, room service," Chase says flipping through a menu he found.

"No, like down in the lobby area."

"I don't know," Chase frowns looking at me.

"Why don't we check?" I grin, as I hold out my hand for him. He hesitantly takes it, as I pull him to the door, making sure to take the key card. I quickly slip on my shoes.

"We're still in our pjs!" Chase exclaimed, putting on his shoes.

"So?" I say, as Chase gave me a funny look, "It's more fun this way!" I laugh as I pull him into the elevator.

"Okay," Chase says, with an unsure tone.

The elevator stops on the main level as Chase and I get out. We walk through the lobby and sure enough, there was breakfast being served.

"Look!" I smile at the small buffet.

"Oh, I guess there is one," Chase shrugs.

"Come on," I pull him towards the food. I spot the make your own waffle machine, and quickly make my way over.

"What's this?" Chase asks besides me.

"You're kidding," I say in disbelief. He shakes his head. Has he never eaten breakfast in the hotel before? "You make your own waffle. Watch the magic," I smile as I pour batter into the griddle, shut it, then flip it over. "And now we wait."

After a minute or two, the machine beeps. I quickly flip it over and open it revealing a nice golden brown waffle. "Ta da!" I smile at the perfection.

"Wow!" Chase exclaims.

"Now, we decorate!" I move over a little and put syrup, then whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and nuts. My mouth waters at the goodness.

"You're gonna get a sugar rush," Chase chuckles at my creation.

"Well, it's worth it. I'm going to find a seat, now go get food!" I say as I walk to the tables. There was a table for two in the back that was open. I happily walk to the table and sit down.

Time to dig in.

I cut my waffle and was about to take a bite when somebody sat in front of me. I look up revealing the last person I wanted to see.

"Jayden," she starts as I put my fork down and cross my arms.

"Hi, Macy," I send her a forced smile.

"I knew you'd be in town. I was hoping you'd be staying here."

"Oh," I say, not fazed by this situation, "and why are you here?"

"To apologize." Macy says simply.

I wait a few seconds for her to continue, but she doesn't. "Well, are you planning on it?"

"I'm sorry Jayden, I was an asshole to you. I just wanted to have friends and without you here, I had nobody. So, I befriended Gwen," Macy says looking down.

"Oh," was all I reply with.

"Who's this?" Chase asks, appearing by the table.

"Macy," I comment. I know he puts the pieces together as I see his fists slightly clench.

"Morning, Macy," he comments, masking his anger.

"And who are you?" Macy says blushing slightly.

Before I could answer, Chase said nonchalantly, "her boyfriend." My heart skipped a beat, and I felt myself blush.

"What?" Macy says looking at me wide eyed. I shrug in response. "Back to what I was saying, do you accept my apology?"

Wait, she was done with her apology? I don't mean to be rude, but what kind of apology was that? Especially given all she put me through.

"No," I say as her face falls slightly. "Macy, my parents are dead. When I needed you the most, you dumped me as your best friend. So it felt like I lost 3 people at the same time, it was hell. If you were really sorry, you would've been there for me yesterday. But, you weren't. A true friend would drop everything for me if I needed them," I say sadly, as I feel tears brim my eyes.

She rolls her eyes, "You're making a mountain out of a molehill. It was their time, we all will die one day."

"Macy, I have been through hell. The person who killed my parents tried to kill me. I was attacked, stabbed, and in a coma for a week. Recovery was a bitch, too. So, honestly, if you're going to roll your fucking eyes at me and say I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, I suggest you leave. You haven't been through shit, so shut up," I say at her in a low tone. There were kids eating breakfast around, so I had to make sure they didn't hear me swear.

Macy stands suddenly, "I'm better off without you anyway."

"I'm sure you are," I say giving her a sickly sweet smile. She huffs and walks away.

"Finally, I can sit," Chase groans as he flops in the seat.

"I feel like a horrible person," I sigh.

"No, trust me when I say you did the right thing. I got the urge to slap her so bad," Chase shook his head.

"Yeah, well her true colors really came out, and I was not a fan," I say.

"Agree with you on that one," Chase says before smiling. "I did it too!" He gestures to his plate. It was a waffle with all the same toppings I used. How did I not notice before?

"You did!" I say as a huge smile breaks on my face. I look back to my waffle, and take a big bite. "It's so good, you'll love it and never order room service breakfast again."

"If you say so," Chase says before taking a bite, "mmm," he smiles at me.

"You like it?"

"I love it, gumdrop."