Chapter 21

After breakfast, Ethan and Chase picked up Kate from her friend's house, and my friends left. As soon as Kate arrived, she attacked me, and I was pulled into her playroom. I didn't mind though. It was fun seeing how her little mind worked.

"I'm gonna take over!" I yell holding my Barbie in the air over the castle.

"No, Samantha! I will stop you!" Kate shouted as she twirled her barbie's hand at my doll.

"Noooo! What are you doing, Maya?" I comment as I start to make my doll fall.

"You're going to the dungeon!" Kate yelled.

"But I have a spell to make you go to the dungeon too!" I say as I move my barbie's arm.

"No, don't say that." Kate whispered to me.

"Oh, sorry. What do I say?" I whisper back. I always mess up her story, but it's only because she always kills off my characters.

"Say 'No! You got me this time, but I will be back!' Then throw those in the air," She points to a box of sparkles next to me.

"The sparkles?" I ask. Sparkles get everywhere, and they will stay there for what seems like weeks.

"Yes, of course!" Kate giggles.

"Okay," I say before I get my character ready, "No! You got me this time, but I will be back!" I yell, as I gather a hand full a sparkles. As I throw them in the air, I hear footsteps come behind me. Oh crap. I just sparkled whoever it is.

I turn around to see a very shiny Chase sporting an unamused face. Kate burst out laughing, while I was sure as hell that I was about to die.

"I'm so sorry, you got in the way while I was poofing Samantha gone," I wince at him.

"Yeah," Chase grunts, causing Kate to laugh even harder.

"Oh Katiebear, what's so funny?" He asks with a grin as he approaches her.

"You sounded like a monkey!" She shouts with a huge smile on her face.

"Me?" Chase asks.

"Yes, you!" She said as she poked his cheek.

"Well, too bad I don't like bananas," Chase turned to me and winked causing my face to flush and eyes to widen.

Kate gasped, "You don't like bananas?"

He shook his head.

"That's crazy. Do you, Jayden?" Kate asked me.

Chase directed his attention to me, and grinned, "Yeah, Jayden. Do you like bananas?"

"Yes, I do like bananas." I say looking directly at Chase, as I see him slightly bite his lip.

"Haha, you're the weird one Chase!" Kate laughed at him.

"Yeah, and he's also the sparkly one too," I smile smugly at him as he just glares in return.

"Chase, do you want to come to my tea party with Jayden and me?" Kate asks with big eyes.

"How could I say no?" He smiles and boops her nose, causing her to giggle. I smile as I watch them interact. "Can Ethan come too? He said he'll be in here in 10 minutes."

"Yes!" Kate said as she jumped up and over to her tea set. As she was setting up, I thought now would be the perfect time to talk to Chase about this morning.

"Hey," I say casually.

"Hey, what's up?" he replies.

"So, why would you tell Ethan I was a virgin?" I ask, I could tell by how fast his expression changed that he was not expecting that question.

"Ethan knows me. He knows my old lifestyles, but I haven't been keeping them up now, okay?"

I give him a skeptical look.

"I haven't had sex for 2 months. I don't want shit without strings attached. I want a girlfriend. I want someone who sees me more than just a toy. I know what you're thinking, I'm stupid." He said talking just above a whisper.

"Trust me, you're not stupid. I'm really happy for you," I say sincerely. I instantly see his face wash over in relief. Was he really scared I would make fun of him? "So, you told Ethan I was a virgin because," I drift off, still not finding a connection.

"Since he knows me, I know he would just assume I had sex with you. And he's kind of protective of you, too. Well, he knows that if I admit that stuff, I'm telling the truth – especially about you. And it would also shift his attention out of our situation and onto your personal life," he mumbles the last part.

"That's confusing, but okay." I say. I mean, I know Ethan won't say anything to anyone because last time that happened all hell broke loose.

"I'm really sorry," Chase said as he pulled me in for a hug.

"It's fine," I say as I squeezed him back, pushing away the butterflies that gathered in my stomach. Wait, is he only hugging me to get me sparkly? I try to pull away, but he holds me in place. "I don't wanna be sparkly!" I yell as I wiggle out of his rather strong grip.

"Too late," he smiles at my appearance.

"Great," I sigh.

"What happened in here?" Ethan exclaimed as he took a step into the room.

"Sparkle explosion!" Kate yelled from the other side of the room, still setting up her tea party.

"Oh, well you guys look nice." Ethan said, directing his attention to Chase and me.

I let out a bitter laugh, and went to help set up her tea party. These sparkles might as well make themselves at home because they're not coming off.

Unfortunately.