Glaring Eyes

I glanced around, All Might's directions echoing in my mind. As I ran through the hall, I saw a gigantic door from the corner of my eye, causing me to stumble to a stop.

After regaining my balance, I took a few breaths before walking to the door. My eyes trailed upwards, heart pumping wildly. It's fine. You'll be fine. There's nothing to worry about.

Taking a deep breath, I pressed my hand to my chest. After a moment, I opened my eyes, quickly knocking on the door.

The sounds inside quickly came to a halt, causing me to become nervous once again.

"Come in," a familiar tired voice said.

Gulping, I pushed in the door, cringing as it creaked open.

As I stepped in, I saw eyes all around the room become wide, each student in a stunned silence.

After unfreezing myself, I turned around, walking back out the door. "Nope. Not today."

Aizawa sighed, unimpressed. "Get back in here, Midoriya."

My cheeks became hot as I stepped back in, whispers circling around the room.

"Midoriya? Is that his name?" I heard one say.

"I still don't understand why he's even allowed in here!" another scoffed.

The students continued whispering to each other, negativity swirling around the room. My heart sunk as they spoke, my breath shaky.

Aizawa stared out at the class, causing them to fall silent. "Quiet down. You're being irrational."

"Irrational?!" a redhead shouted. "There's a v-"

Aizawa shot him a dirty look, causing him to quiet down. "As I told you all previously," Aizawa re-explained, annoyed, "Midoriya is suffering from memory loss. And as such, you will all treat him as a new student. No matter what you may have thought of him in the past."

"But sensei!" the redhead protested.

The teacher's eyes became red, hair floating in the air. "Do I need to repeat myself again?"

The redhead's eyes widened before he sat down, mumbling to himself. "No...," he sighed.

The entire time everyone bickered, I stood in the doorway, glancing around awkwardly.

Aizawa turned his attention towards me, gesturing towards a seat in front of a short boy with purple 'hair.' "Sit down behind the empty seat there."

I nodded, keeping my eyes straight ahead as I walked towards the seat. I felt several pairs of eyes piercing through me, a lump catching in my throat.

The room was quiet as I sunk into my seat, their attention clearly on me.

"That's enough," Aizawa said to the class, clearly annoyed. But I could still feel them silently judging me. "Now that we've wasted enough time, let's move on."

Sighing, I placed my head on my hand, attempting to hold back tears. I don't understand. What did I do to deserve any of this?

Soon enough, the bell rang, signalling everyone to leave. Of course, the class didn't stand without staring at me first, but at that point I was almost used to it.

As I stood, Aizawa walked towards my desk. "Don't think I didn't see you sulking," he said bluntly. "I allowed it for today, but if I catch you not paying attention again, you won't be getting off the hook."

Putting on a smile, I nodded. But I felt like I was going to cry.

"Get on to your next class," Aizawa said before walking away. "Soon enough they'll get used to you."

"Aizawa~Sensei," I said, glancing at him. He seemed taken aback as he saw the tears welled up in my eyes. "Why... Why does everyone hate me so much?"

Aizawa simply looked away. "Unfortunately, I can't tell you everything. Just know that they'll come around eventually."

Nodding - though not convinced - I began to walk out the door.

"And Midoriya," Aizawa said, catching my attention. "Don't go digging for information."

---

poor izuku ;(

why is everyone being so mean to him??

so sad 

xD

Thanks for reading! <3