Unlikely Coincidences

anyone else think there's a bit too much fluff?

heh

heh

heh

ANYWAYS, CONTINUE ON! :D

---

Izuku Midoriya's POV

I'm sure I walked around with a goofy smile for the rest of the day. After receiving so many compliments, who could resist?

However, I couldn't keep my grin from falling slightly as my friends and I split and as I walked towards All Might's car. His face was devoid of much emotion, and he simply stood in front of the door in his skeletal form.

Biting my lip, I climbed in, and he did as well, beginning the drive silently.

I tapped my hands against my legs, awkwardly smiling. After a moment, I raised my head. "Uhm, so-"

"That was incredibly reckless of you," he spoke, voice stern but trembling slightly. His hands were tightly wrapped around the steering wheel, knuckles turning white from his grip.

My eyes widened. "All Might?"

"I thought...," his voice cracked, but he kept his eyes on the road. "I thought you might have been gone for. Dead right before my eyes."

I furrowed my brows. "I thought..."

"I won't lie and say I always trusted you, because it was clear that I didn't. But no matter what, you keep working so hard. When you cried on my shoulder, I just about broke there. In all my years as a hero, I've never seen such gut-wrenching tears," he finished off with a whisper. "Nobody should have to go through that. Nobody should have to break apart in front of someone else, begging for answers."

My lips were parted in surprise. "All Might... I..." However, I simply trailed off, closing my mouth.

"Which is why," he raised his voice, "I am enraged that you went and did something like that. But...," his voice softened, "I'm also incredibly proud. Those were some real heroics, Young Midoriya. It was inspiring."

Inspiring.

There's that word again. He wasn't the only person to say that to me. But what about me was... Inspiring? I wasn't doing anything special - just what felt right. Was that really worth any praise over?

"Chin up, young man," All Might said, causing me to realize that my head was hanging as I mumbled to myself. "Your actions were reckless, but brave. You should feel a little pride."

I bit my lip, toying with the idea of asking him. After a moment, I sighed, glancing towards him. "I don't understand." My eyes connected with his as I spoke. "I don't understand why what I did was so heroic. I just did what anybody would do. I...," I clenched my fist, lowering my head slightly. "I just did what felt right."

For a moment, the car was silent. I could've sworn it was deafening, though.

However, when I raised my head, I saw that All Might was looking at me with pure surprise written all over his face.

I furrowed my brows. "Did I say something wrong?"

All Might's features softened and he began to laugh, only bewildering me further.

"All Might?!" I said, straightening myself in my seat. "Did I do something wrong?"

"Quite the opposite, Young Midoriya," he finished off his laughter with a small chuckle. "This definitely isn't what I was expecting."