The demon named...

[PoV: Reader]

It was a fairly snowy day, like any winter, the sun isn't shining, and the ground is covered in snow. One particular family living in the mountains are preparing for the cold winter coming up.

" You can't catch me! Hahaha!! "

A young boy, with black hair and a mole under his right eye, is running from another boy, who's fair skinned. They circled around the house, playing tag. Their mother, was sitting on the wooden deck of their house, watching her children play. She had a gentle expression in her face, while sewing an almost finished clothing.

Right next to her was a little girl who was laughing at her two brothers, as they chase after one another. She widened her eyes when a young man with earrings and red hair arrived.

" Tanjiro Nii-chan!! "

She shouted, making the boy named Tanjiro look at her direction.

" Good morning, Hanako, Mother. " He greeted, while putting down an empty basket.

He looked around, as if searching for someone. Then he turned to his mother and asked.

" Where is Nezuko? " He looked around, and his little sister was nowhere to be found.

" Onii-chan, I'm here. " She said, which made Tanjiro turn around.

Nezuko was a girl a year younger than him, and she is his little sister. She carried on her back their youngest sibling, Takeo, who is peacefully sleeping while he is wrapped in cloth.

" You did a good job today too! " She congratulated her brother, for selling every coal he had in the basket.

Their family sell coal for a living, and, Tanjiro has been the one going down to the village to sell coal for the past seven years. This year, as well, Tanjiro wanted to give his family a warm and comforting winter.

" You too, Nezuko. You've managed to watch over Takeo, Shigeru, Rokuta, and Hanako! " He praised his little sister, and they walked over to their mother. They were a sweet family, until, that same night, an unknown person barged in.

Tanjiro and Nezuko protected their siblings and their mother, Tanjiro grasped in his hands an axe used to cut down lumber, while Nezuko had taken the rest of her siblings outside.

But, the man was fast, he had already caught up to them. He appeared bloody all over, and Nezuko knew her big brother was killed. He started taking the life of her siblings one after another, in a speed that Nezuko cannot comprehend. And, when she was the only one left, an axe hit the monster in front of her, hurting him.

The monster turned around, it was none other than Tanjiro, who still persisted to stand up to protect his little sister.

" RUN AWAY, NEZUKO! RUN AWA-" Tanjiro told to his little sister, until he was interrupted by the man, who slashed him one last time, killing him.

Nezuko couldn't do nothing but cry and look in horror at the slaughtered bodies of her family. The man came to her, and, carried her by the neck. He did something to Nezuko, but he didn't kill her off. She was dropped down, and, she laid right next to her deeply wounded brother.