A cowardly demon slayer

[PoV: Reader]

After completing their quest, the Mist Pillar Muichiro Tokito and the Demon Nezuko Kamado heads to the east. Muichiro heads off to travel as he carries on his back the box where Nezuko is sleeping in.

The next mission he was assigned to was in a village near the sea, where the ocean breeze blows. But it wasn't in the village itself, but in the sea near the said village. The sea had been acting strange at night, turning black and sometimes even said to have taken away villagers.

" Please! Please! Don't leave me here!!"

" Hell no! Let go of me, you coward! "

Suddenly, while the pair was nearing their destination, a blonde haired young man wearing a yellow colored haori was kneeling down, tugging the sleeve of another young man. They both looked like demon slayers  headed the same way as them, but, it seems something went wrong.

Being the careless, absent-minded person that he is, Muichiro walked past the people who were arguing.

" Hey wait! Don't just walk past us! Help me out here!! " The blonde tugged Muichiro's uniform, making him look behind him.

" Who.. is this guy supposed to be? "

Muichiro thought, for he didn't notice the two whom he just passed by. The pillar brushed off the young man's hands clinging to him and gave him a strange look.

" What? "

But, before he could say something, the blonde man was surprised to find a shocking discovery. He was sensing life inside of the box Muichiro was carrying, and it's not normal, he's hearing the breathing of a demon.

" If you've got nothing to say, then back off. "

Muichiro continued to walk forward, while the blonde haired man stared at the box he was carrying. He was left with shock, and, he was unable to believe what he just found out.

[PoV: Zenitsu Agatsuma]

My name is Zenitsu Agatsuma, a sixteen year old demon slayer on his way to his death bed- the dwelling of a powerful demon.

I'm afraid.

I'm SCARED.

I know, that this time for sure-
I'll die.

But, I was surprised. Even if I'm bad at doing my job, I know for sure demon slayers slay demons..
So, why did that kid.. have a demon inside of the box he was carrying..?

I have sensitive ears, and, I know for once how different the sound of humans are from demons. I can hear him, that kid emits a strange sound, terrifyingly scary. But, what I was hearing inside of the box he was carrying was abnormal, I'm sure, that thing is a demon.

So...why is he still here? Is the leader of the Demon Slayer Corps aware of this..? A demon slayer that slays demons.. is carrying a demon in his back..

" H-hey... what... do you know who that kid was?! " The man right next to me, Murata, gripped my uniform and pointed to the kid walking away.