Nezuko's journey (2)

Nezuko's journey: Two on one

【PoV: Reader】

The two demons that Muzan sent to hunt down the demon with hanafuda earrings are currently on the run.

To keep a low profile and avoid provoking the people, they snuck through the dark alleyways.

They tracked the foot prints of the demon, and had pin pointed her location.

During that time, the demon they were looking for is currently battling another demon in a secluded area. There were neither lampposts nor people present, but just the swaying trees and the empty road.

Suddenly then, a loud explosion of some sort was made.. coming from the house.

They thought to check it out, but seeing a demon slayer walk into the scene made them back out.

The young man with long hair appeared to have come there, curious about the explosion.

The temari demon Susamaru smirked and took one foot forward.
She was about to cross the road to get to the house, but stopped. She faced the arrow demon Yahaba, who was still hiding behind the trees.

" Why are you still standing there, Yahaba? Our victim's just right across! " She asked, ordering her comrade to come forward and join her.

Sadly, the demon didn't reply to her question, nor did he take a step away from his position. He remained in hiding, behind the trees.

Susamaru became impatient waiting for him, and so she turned her back against the arrow demon. She stomped on the ground, taking two more steps.

" Whatever, I'll take on her myself! " She said, fully ignoring her companion to fulfill Muzan's orders by herself.

Meanwhile, the arrow demon behind the trees merely watched as his companion walk towards the wrecked house. Sooner or later, he couldn't take it and decided to call out to her.

Yahaba stepped out and walked away from the trees to say something to Susamaru.

" Hold it, Susamaru! The young man that just arrived.. is a demon slayer.. "

His call made the demon turn around and pay attention to him.
The arrow demon continued explaining.

" And he might be a formidable one at that. I can sense it. "

" If we go there now.. he'll instantly kill us for sure. "

" Actually.. why don't we just let him kill our target for us? That would be way more easier and safer for the both of us. " He reasoned.

" Fine, I'll wait! But it's really no fun keeping watch.. I want to play already!" The temari demon whined, twirling around the ball in her hands.

His explanation got through the temari demon, enough to convince her to go back and just rely on the passing swordsman to slay their target for them.

But just in case the swordsman failed to kill demon with the hanafuda earrings, they waited behind the trees to observe.

A few minutes, specifically, fifteen minutes afterwards.. the swordsman with long hair came outside.

The pair had thought he killed the demon, until another figure appeared, tagging along with the swordsman.

At first glance, she seemed like a normal girl, but upon closer inspection... she was the demon with hanafuda earrings Muzan asked to get rid of.