The tale of the black sea

[PoV: Reader]

The peaceful morning wasn't so kind to the young man named Zenitsu Agatsuma, for he was awoken by the distant sound of waves, waves from the near sea. Like the whole place was being flooded by water.

Zenitsu walked outside from his room to visit the pillar-demon pair in the room next to him. He slid open the door, and the first thing he thought was the safety of the demon who caught his eye.

" Nezuko-chan? Nezuko-chan?! Are you alright?! "

The long haired boy looked at him strangely, while the demon he was calling for slept peacefully in the left side of the room, covering herself under the thick blanket. Muichiro opened his mouth, and wanted to say something to Zenitsu, but the blonde's startled reaction stopped him.

Zenitsu let himself in, and sat as far away from the pillar, but just right to watch over the sleeping demon. He set his palm in his chin, and made a carefree smile.

" What are you doing? That's creepy. "

A voice suddenly spoke to him, but neither Nezuko nor Muichiro was opening their mouths. It was a voice that came from someone else, someone who isn't in the room with them.

" Do you stare at every girl with that look? Yuck! Someone might even report you for sexual harassment! "

The voice continued to insult him, and Zenitsu had no way of blocking it, for it appears as if it's coming directly from his ears. He had enough of it, and suddenly blew a fuse.

" AAAARGGGHH!!! JUST SHUT UUUUP!! "

This startled Muichiro, who was spacing out in the back again. He gave Zenitsu a strange look again, and this made him look away from embarrassment. He decided to calm his mind and silently deal with his problem.

" But you know.. I can't really blame you. "

" I mean, what else can you do but stare at someone you're in love with? "

" Hmm.. I think we're the same, you and I, young man. I Like you. "

The tone of the voice started getting calmer, and Zenitsu started listening to him with respect. Because of this, he had the courage to talk to the voice.

" Who.. exactly are you? How are you doing this? " He asked, but the voice didn't answer him.

Instead, he heard a loud splash of water, but it wasn't anywhere in the room. Like earlier, he was hearing something from far away, or perhaps a sound that only he can hear.

While Zenitsu was in the middle of his deep thoughts, Muichiro stood up, and slid open the door that leads to the backyard of the place they were staying at.

" Zenitsu-san.. what time is it right now?"

" Huh? Uh.. it's about.. seven."

" Seven? As in seven in the evening? "

" No, seven o'clock in the morning. Hold on, Tokito-kun, why are you asking me anyway? Shouldn't you know? "

Zenitsu stood up and checked on Muichiro, who was staring at the backyard. He took a look, and was shocked. The backyard that should've been under the morning sunlight is now fully covered in darkness.