Nezuko's journey (5)

Nezuko's journey: Threads of Color

【PoV: Reader】

A day after getting smacked in the head, Nezuko regained consciousness, and was greeted by a dark, unlit room.
Everywhere she looked, there only lurked darkness.

But it is for the best, she will burn if she came in contact with sunlight, after all.

She tried moving her hands, but it appears that her whole body is restrained by something that prevented her from moving.

Surprisingly, there is also a muzzle that covered her mouth, preventing her from speaking.

It also looks like her wounds have fully healed, seeing as that she doesn't feel anymore aches. Nezuko forcefully broke free from the restraints tied around her, and stood up.

Using her enhanced senses, she searched for a way out, and had easily found it.

She slid open a door which led to a brightly lit room. Inside of that room, was a girl calmly sitting on the floor. All her focus is put towards the objects placed on the table.

There were a bunch of assorted threads that are each separated to prevent knots and tangling. The girl was then holding in her right hand a tiny, sharp needle.

It turns out that she is creating a beautiful piece of embroidery.

Nezuko took notice of this and was already eager to check it out. She had remembered the times of nostalgia where she too, used to sew and create clothes for her younger siblings.

The girl sensed her presence from behind the sliding doors and looked behind. Nezuko was greeted with a smile from the girl whose eyes are that of pure white.

" Oh, you're awake! " The girl joyfully greeted.

" Don't be shy. Come and join me."

And with the friendly invitation coming from the girl, Nezuko excitedly stepped out of the dark room and joined the young girl.

As she was sewing, Nezuko was fascinated by the assorted, colorful threads lying down on the table. The young girl notices her enthusiasm, and curiously asks her.

" Have you taken a liking to these colorful threads? "

In which Nezuko happily nodded to as a reply.

This made the young girl glad and overjoyed with happiness. The girl let out a giggle and continued sewing.

" Such a friendly demon you are.." The young girl muttered, gently caressing the soft hair of Nezuko, while she plays with the threads.

" I am Aiko Fuji. My brother and I encountered you last night, along with the other young man. We both carried you and tended your wounds here, at our home. " The girl named Aiko placed down her work in the table and tried to shake hands with Nezuko.

Instead, Nezuko grasped her hands and placed it close to her cheeks, caressing it, as if this is her way of giving thanks. This caught the friendly Aiko off guard.

Aiko giggled, and asked another question to the loving demon.

" Do you have a name? " She asked. Sadly, only silence was there to answer her question.

" Right, you can't speak.. I'm sorry about the muzzle. My brother insisted that you wear that to prevent you from eating us. "

Aiko stood up and searched the room for a stack of paper, a brush, and some ink. As soon as she found what she's looking for, she handed it over to Nezuko as an alternative way of communicating.